Sign in to follow this  
Talos

PLEASE READ Unable to restore original cloud textures

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I am coming form a clean installation of Prepar3D, and I wanted to make sure that REX SF3D has a backup before I install new textures and models.

So reading the manual but also the description in the UI, I clicked Backup. I then installed textures and tried to revert back, I click Restore, but the cloud textures I see after in Prepar3D do not seem to be the default one, but the  REX textures/models.

This is really annoying, cause I jut did a clean install. How someone can revert to the original P3D textures/models after he has installed REX SF3D?

Annotation 2019-08-20 035140.jpg

Edited by Talos

Hi,
Please clarify, did you 

1. clean install of P3d 
  2. Install Sky Force textures before you made a back up
  3. Install Sky Force textures after you made a back up 

Then 

1. Restored to default textures 
  2. When you started a new flight the textures in the sim were still  Sky Force not default like they should be. 

Posted (edited)

Hello and thank you very much for the reply,

1. Clean install of P3D

2. Install of Sky Force 3D - no textures installed

3. Clicked the Backup button and then Yes in the Alert box

4. Installed Sky Force 3D textures

5. Open P3D, see SF3D textures

6.Close P3D, open Sky Force 3D

7. Click Restore

8.Open P3D. But still see SF3D clouds, not the default P3D clouds

Edited by Talos

Hi, 
Please open Sky Force and open the "General Settings/Settings" and look for the Lockheed Martin P3d Directory and refresh the browse directory to ensure you have the correct address.

Hi,

The P3D directory there is correct. I did as you indicated and clicked Browse and re-entered the same address. But I guess this won't fix the problem if I click to restore the textures, will it?

Hi, thank you for your patience and this could indicate errors in both P3d and Sky Force. 
You may have to, and I suggest to uninstall both Sky Force and P3d. After reloading P3d and Sky Force programs only, test your issue with a default install of P3d and Sky Force. AS follows:

1. Run test default without Sky Force with a theme with cloud clear sky variation take a screenshot.
  2. Install Sky Force, make all your backups then run test with the same theme, take a screenshot.
  3. Set all your settings back to default in Sky Force then run test with the same, theme take a screenshot.
  4. Compare all three screen shots.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the reply, however I'm afraid I won't go right now in the trouble of uninstalling P3D and installing it again. I have spent the last 2 days installing all my add-ons, and this is a process that takes time.

My intention was to use the REX textures however I always want a software to allow me to revert back to the stock textures if I want to, so this is a bit disappointing that the only way is to reinstall P3D.

I think you should do this testing before releasing SF3D so end users don't experience issues like that. In any way, if it's something that have been missed by your side, please perform a testing that the Backup button works as intended. I would appreciate if you would let me now that in your system the above set of actions is working as intended. 

Edited by Talos

Please locate the main folder where REX sky force is located and there should be a restore log file.  Please post that so I can review it.

Posted (edited)

Thanks again for the quick reply.

I won’t be at my sim computer until next week, so I’ll post it here at the end of next week as soon as I return. 

Edited by Talos

Sign in to follow this