Hello,

I get near 10fps when there are overcast or Broken clouds with P3Dv4.5. Only Using REX SF and EF no shaders. When clearing the weather, I get 50FPS, when reactivate REX weather 10 FPS.
My hardware: I7 8700k overclocked 5.0 GHz, delided liquid cooled (50° on full load). GTX1080 TI 11GB, 16GB RAM 3333MHZ installed to M2-SSD.

I tried with and without DXT5, automatic resolution, and manual 512 1024 2048 and 4096, my desktop resolution is 4k.

kind regards

Hi,

My personal opinion with the 2 quotes I posted focusing on the 16 GB and presumably you have your settings high to match your system I would like to have seen 32 GB Ram. On my 1080 machine I upgraded to 32 GB from 16 GB and noticed quit a performance improvement I have 64 on my 2080TI. Like I stated just opinion only.  

I already thought about that, but my RAM is always near 9GB loaded, so I thought 16GB should be enough, but I'll think about upgrading to 32GB

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Hi,

I had the same issue.

Going around to different forums I have solved the issue reducing in P3D.cfg the side of shadow textures.

After that I moved from an average of 17FPS I was getting with covered sky to more than 30FPS also in overcast condition.

Hope this can run also for you.

KR

Joe

• Like 1

Hi,

• Make sure your 3d model, overcast slider is set to lowest left
  • Use 1024 Clouds
  • On the CFG, set the existing TRANSLUCENT_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=256
  • Insert this new line in cfg graphics sections: CLOUD_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=256