jdhughen

ANSWERED Been away - reinstall new machine

I've been away from simming for a few years. I currently have REX 3 overdrive (with patch) and REX Tex Direct 4 with soft clouds.  I'm putting together a new Windows 10 machine and moving SFX to it and have a couple of questions.

1. Do I need to uninstall from the old machine before I can install on the new one?

2. Will the SNs I have work on the new machine or will I need to get new ones ?

3. I see some new products but not any direct upgrade for REX 3 +OD. What if any of new products were designed to replace/improve on Rex3/TexDirect4 ?

4. If I go with the new stuff will any of my custom presets from Rex3 work ?

5. If I go with the new stuff should i still install Rex3 first then the newer stuff or just the newer stuff

Sorry for 20 questions. just trying to get my ducks in a row

Thanks Joel

Hi, let me answer these for you

1.  Do I need to uninstall from the old machine before I can install on the new one?  No you can have installed on both machines as long as they are registered for your personal use. 
  2. Will the SNs I have work on the new machine or will I need to get new ones ? Yes 
  3.  I see some new products but not any direct upgrade for REX 3 +OD. What if any of new products were designed to replace/improve on Rex3/TexDirect4 ? Sky Force 32 bit will replace both products and has an updated engine as well continued support, REX Essentials is no longer updated and support limited. You can use some elements of REX 4 Texture Direct as in the ground bumps and textures airport runway taxiway airport lighting as well as the water improvements. BUT do not use the Sky Sun and Cloud features if using Sky Force. 
  4. If I go with the new stuff will any of my custom presets from Rex3 work ? Yes, if you continue using REX 3 but No if upgrading to REX 5 Sky Force.
  5. If I go with the new stuff should i still install Rex3 first then the newer stuff or just the newer stuff. No do not install REX 3 Products if upgrading to REX 5 Sky force.

I hope this clears up your inquiries and please do not hesitate to ask more. 

Perfect, thanks for your help

a couple more.....

1. I noticed that you listed Sky force 32bit. Does that mean there is a 64bit version and can it be used with FSX ?

2. Is REX 5 Sky Force compatible with Windows 10 ?

Thanks for your help

Joel

9 hours ago, jdhughen said:

1. I noticed that you listed Sky force 32bit. Does that mean there is a 64bit version and can it be used with FSX ?

Hi, no the 64 bit version is for P3d V4 as this sim is a 64 bit platform. If you installed Sky Force 64 bit, will not work with FSX all versions and P3d V3 as they are 32 bit platforms. 

14 minutes ago, jdhughen said:

IS the new REX product compatible with Windows 10 ?

Hi,
yes all REX Products from the REX 4 product line and up are W10 tested.