flyinion

ANSWERED Might be switching sim platforms, not sure which products to buy

Hi guys, might be switching platforms from FSX:SE to P3D v.4.  Right now I'm using REX Essentials for the weather engine only in FSX and REX 4 TD (without softclouds) for textures in FSX.  It looks like Environment Force is like TD for P3D?  I.e. no weather engine, then Sky Force would be the REX Essentials replacement to get a weather engine, is this correct? 

I know that TD has options to link it to P3D but I'm guessing the newer products have better textures and I'm ok with that (buying replacements), plus the older products seem to be running buggy on my system.  I think it's just a combo of older products and Win10 updates as even my  4 year old PC, but with the latest Windows updates, is exhibiting the same lags/hangs in the apps, but those are some pretty old pieces of software now so I'm not very surprised lol.

Hi, please allow me to explain

• REX 3 Essentials is not supported for LM Prepare 3d V 4 all builds and is not advised...
  • REX 4 Texture direct has been tested on original versions of LM Prepare 3d V4 and reportedly does work with LM Prepare 3d V4 but is no longer updated.
  • REX 5 Environment Force is a shader and live weather engine enhancement program that utilizes REX 5  Sky Force and the REX 5  Sky Force engine. The REX 5 Environment Force product was created as an add-on compliment of Sky Force.

REX Quality control does its best to keep up with the latest GPU drivers and Windows updates on all of our products and updates and were tested with product builds prior to release. 

8 hours ago, REX Support 2 said:

Hi, please allow me to explain

• REX 3 Essentials is not supported for LM Prepare 3d V 4 all builds and is not advised...
  • REX 4 Texture direct has been tested on original versions of LM Prepare 3d V4 and reportedly does work with LM Prepare 3d V4 but is no longer updated.
  • REX 5 Environment Force is a shader and live weather engine enhancement program that utilizes REX 5  Sky Force and the REX 5  Sky Force engine. The REX 5 Environment Force product was created as an add-on compliment of Sky Force.

REX Quality control does its best to keep up with the latest GPU drivers and Windows updates on all of our products and updates and were tested with product builds prior to release. 

Thanks, so if I understand right, Skyforce would be the replacement for REX 3 as the weather engine, and Environment force would be like REX 4 TD which provided better textures than REX 3 but didn't actually have a weather engine?

Hi

• Yes. Sky Force is the replacement engine 
  • No, Environment Force has no previous iterations and not associated with REX 4 Texture Direct as REX 5 Sky Force is the REX 4 series replacement. Environment Force  is a new product and part of the REX 5 product line

I hope this clears up our product line upgrades, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

• Like 1