Sign in to follow this  
justadude

RESOLVED EF5 does not work after reboot

Hello,

After manually downloading and installing the SQL server because the installer did not do this job properly(yes, the UAC, Firewall, Antivirus, Admin requirements were met...), EF5 worked fine. It was great to be able to tweak on the fly and see the changes to clouds and sky textures with a click. EF5 seems like a good product.

I then did the following: I shut down my computer and came back the next day and rebooted it. Now EF5 freezes when I try to sync 3D clouds and does nothing when I sync cirrus and sky textures or adjust sliders, making it effectively useless.

Like I said above, I shutdown and rebooted my computer, nothing else.

I use P3Dv4.5, AS P3Dv4 for weather Skyforce 5 and PTA for shaders, adding EF5 to be able to change things on the fly.

I what order do I start the programs? Do I still start Skyforce, AS and then the sim, or does Skyforce no longer need to be running? Where to I see what is in sim? What do the settingis in Skyforce need to be for EF5 to work? Is that even important?

Thank you

Thank you for your inquiry. Please try the following steps first:

1.) Make sure your UAC (User Account Control) is set to never notify.

2.) Make sure REX has inbound/outbound access via your firewall software.

3.) Make sure REX has exclusion rights within your Antivirus software.

4.) Make sure you right click the REX icon and select "Run As Administrator" Let me know how this goes.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Sign in to follow this