Sign in to follow this  
Crabby

CLOSED SQL Server Causing High CPU Usage ??

So I have been battling the high cpu usage issue.  One thing I have noticed is that when my CPU pegs at 100% SQL server is using 20-30.  I was trying to figure out what was using this and from other posts it appears to be EF, since I saw a post with a download link from RSTOUGH for SQL server.  Is this normal? Anyone else with high CPU usage, can you confirm this on your end?

There are many factors that can contribute to lower than expected performance.  Please review the following suggestions:

Flight Simulator Performance Suggestions:

1.) If you using an environment texture package - reduce the resolution of each texture package until you received the desired results.

2.) If using any 3rd party aircraft of scenery - reduce the resolution until you reach the desired results.

3.) If you are using Prepar3D v4 +, please navigate to the Options->Display section within the sim. Then under the Image and Texture Only section make sure to reduce your AA setting to no greater than 4xMSAA. Anything higher than this will stress the machine and the sim.

Computer System Performance Suggestions:

1.) Remove your computer trash.

2.) Remove your browser history.

3.) Turn off all unnecessary running applications.

4.) Turn off all unnecessary startup applications.

5.) Download and Install the free version of CCleaner or similar tool and run a registry cleaner.

6.) If not using a Solid State Drive, please be sure to defrag your hard drive.

7.) Run a security sweep of your system to confirm there is no issues or viruses.

8.) Make sure you have updated to the latest graphics card drivers.

9.) Make sure you have updated to the latest Windows Update.

Let us know if any of these suggestions helped.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Sign in to follow this