Sign in to follow this  
iMoveQuick

RESOLVED PMDG problems (SF & EF) (Verification Pending)

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

First off all my verification is still pending and I hope I’m posting this on the right forum.

But the last few weeks have been trying to resolve the issues I got with the PMDG 747.

The problem is that p3d crashes when the Sim is completely loaded. The UI loads up, but the screen stays black and then after 10 seconds he Sim crashes without any error, I also coudn’t find any trace of the crash anywhere.

On the PMDG forum they suggested it could be EF or SF that is causing the crashes. 

Only the 747-400 and -8 crashes, no other PMDG aircraft crash.

P.S: I’ve updated to the latest version and applied the hotfixes from the forum, still no luck.

Sim: P4D 4.5

Thanks in advance!

~iMoveQuick

Edited by iMoveQuick
Added that I’ve updated the software

I have tried to use the “debug” option, but turning that off didn’t work..

10 hours ago, REX Support 2 said:

Hi, Please try turning of HDR and see if this helps 

I have already turned that off, because of PTA

21 hours ago, iMoveQuick said:

Hi there,

First off all my verification is still pending and I hope I’m posting this on the right forum.

But the last few weeks have been trying to resolve the issues I got with the PMDG 747.

The problem is that p3d crashes when the Sim is completely loaded. The UI loads up, but the screen stays black and then after 10 seconds he Sim crashes without any error, I also coudn’t find any trace of the crash anywhere.

On the PMDG forum they suggested it could be EF or SF that is causing the crashes. 

Only the 747-400 and -8 crashes, no other PMDG aircraft crash.

P.S: I’ve updated to the latest version and applied the hotfixes from the forum, still no luck.

Sim: P4D 4.5

Thanks in advance!

~iMoveQuick

Please post your system spec's as well as screenshots of your simulator settings.  Thank you.  Also are you using Sky Force with Environment Force?  Please post your texture settings within Sky Force?

No worries, when you can we appreciate it.  We are still putting together the build for the Alpha Cycle of Technical Update 2.1.  We have some time.

Your response has been acknowledged and the requesting moderator has been notified

Posted (edited)

Thanks!

At the moment I'm also updating to the newest version of windows 10, and I will check if that makes a difference.

Edited by iMoveQuick

Posted (edited)

It didn't fix the problem. Now I'm trying P3D without REX SF and EF. I'll report back.

UPDATE: Did not fix the problem.

Edited by iMoveQuick

Posted (edited)

In these video the problem is a little more clean.

Part 1 (No crash):

Starting p3d with 747 at the default airport.

Part 2 (With crash):

Starting p3d with 747 at EHAM.

The crash also occurs when Starting at the default airport and changing to EHAM.

UPDATE: I tried to re-install the 747, and the first verdion works (3.00.9008), but when updating the plane it doesn't work anymore (3.00.9431).

Edited by iMoveQuick

Thank you for your videos this helps us to understand more of the issue.  However, in my  previous post I asked that you post the following:

Please post your system spec's as well as screenshots of your simulator settings.  Thank you.  Also are you using Sky Force with Environment Force?  Please post your texture settings within Sky Force?

Please post your system spec's as well as screenshots of your simulator settings.  Thank you.  Also are you using Sky Force with Environment Force?  Please post your texture settings within Sky Force?

Hi there again,

My problem was related to my corrupted windows profile, and resetting windows did the trick. It was about time to that anyway lol.

Thanks!

• Like 1