Sign in to follow this  
IncreaseVS

CLOSED REX Installer Deleted Whole P3D Addons Folder

Posted (edited)

Hello,

As a caution to other users; if you set the directory for the REX-file transfer installer to your add-on folder, it will delete everything within that folder. 

I was doing a complete fresh install of REX; I downloaded the 'rexinstaller'.zip and proceeded to run the files within, I selected the directory to install as my add-ons folder, it destroyed all my add-on files.

I lost over 3 gigabytes of flight simulator add-ons just with the initial setup; I play only every 'once' and a while and I completely forgot what I even need to re-install. All of my settings and optimizations were lost for the various programs I used, some of which aren't even made anymore. 

Edit: I don't even have a restore point setup on my computer to undo. 

Edited by rstough
Removed capital wording

We are very sorry to hear about this issue.  However, this function of deleting folders has been removed several builds ago.  Also, this should not have been installed within an Add-on folder.   There are specific instructions on how to install this.

Can you advise where you purchased Environment Force and what build you installed?

Posted (edited)

I purchased Environment Force from the REX Store. I downloaded it fresh yesterday from the REX Store. 

It will still be there if you did not update the downloadable file.

Just try running the "rexinstaller.exe' and place the directory on the folder of files you don't care for. 

There was no warning or prompt when running the REX installer, I perhaps should have created its own separate folder. That however is no excuse for it to simply delete all the contents within. 

Edited by IncreaseVS

I thought it said that EF must be installed inside the main P3D folder?

The installer doesn't let you customize where EF is installed, it reads your registry to find out where your P3d folders are. 

I am talking about the 'rexinstaller' directory some filetransfer Downloader wizard that totally screwed up my simulator. 

On 7/18/2019 at 11:53 AM, IncreaseVS said:

The installer doesn't let you customize where EF is installed, it reads your registry to find out where your P3d folders are. 

I am talking about the 'rexinstaller' directory some filetransfer Downloader wizard that totally screwed up my simulator. 

The FTM automatically downloads its files by default into the C:\rexdownload\install folder.  Did you install the FTM app itself into your 3rd party add-ons folder?

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Sign in to follow this