Sign in to follow this  
Crabby

CLOSED dll.xml inquiry

I have a reason to want to diable EF on a new install of P3D for testing.  I have looked into the dll.xml in both programdata and appdata and do not see any entry in either for Environment Force.  Yet when I start EF and then the simulator I see the gui and mini gui.....Should this be possible.  

I reinstalled Windows 10 (complete reinstall with a format of the disk) and reinstalled P3D v4.5 hotfix.  Is there another dll.xml location that I am not looking at?  I only know of the two mentioned above.  Also with no entry in either, should it be even possible that EF appears to be running normally?

The issue I am having is that since the install my "magic" is gone from my system.  I never had an issue at all but now I am seeing my CPU running at 100% all the time in P3D.  I only have PMDG 737 and Aerosoft Airbus Pro installed at this time.  The problem is with both of those and any default aircraft.  I was able to run EF texture setting at 1024 at 25-30 fps with a CPU load of around 60%....

I use AS for weather, do not start SF, and use ONLY EF for anythign shader related.  I have never had any other shader program loaded on this computer.  Here is a link to another post I made with all my system settings and yes P3D, SF, EF and AS are all set up exactly as they were before I reloaded everything.  I must have erased the magic from my PC

Ok, as an update, AFTER i start EF, there is a DLL entry in programdata dll.xml......did something change, I am pretty sure that that was there all the time before not just when EF was started.....

EF checks the programdata dll.xml file on launch and will add the EnvironmentForce_x64.dll entry if not found, or if found disabled.

that must be a new feature i never saw...It appears to remove the dll.xml entry if you exit EF allowing you to start P3D without the gui error....nice...

Yes. But only in Manual mode. If you shut down EF from Auto mode, the dll entry remains, as do the shaders. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next build.

Hmmm..I only run EF in auto mode.  I just read this and shut down the sim...let me check the xml....brb

yep it's there....i am totally confused now....I must have been in manual mode when I closed it at the time.  

Apparently this will be addressed in the next update. It's not a big issue as long as you plan on running EF every time, but if not, EF should be switched to manual mode prior to closing. 🙁

Hi, could you please briefly explain exactly what is happening and what you think the issue is ...May I suggest temporarily  uninstalling Environment Force and remember your parameters perform a test then reinstall Environment Force with the exact parameters then post what you feel is happening.  

On 7/17/2019 at 12:55 AM, Crabby said:

I have a reason to want to diable EF on a new install of P3D for testing.  I have looked into the dll.xml in both programdata and appdata and do not see any entry in either for Environment Force.  Yet when I start EF and then the simulator I see the gui and mini gui.....Should this be possible.  

I reinstalled Windows 10 (complete reinstall with a format of the disk) and reinstalled P3D v4.5 hotfix.  Is there another dll.xml location that I am not looking at?  I only know of the two mentioned above.  Also with no entry in either, should it be even possible that EF appears to be running normally?

The issue I am having is that since the install my "magic" is gone from my system.  I never had an issue at all but now I am seeing my CPU running at 100% all the time in P3D.  I only have PMDG 737 and Aerosoft Airbus Pro installed at this time.  The problem is with both of those and any default aircraft.  I was able to run EF texture setting at 1024 at 25-30 fps with a CPU load of around 60%....

I use AS for weather, do not start SF, and use ONLY EF for anythign shader related.  I have never had any other shader program loaded on this computer.  Here is a link to another post I made with all my system settings and yes P3D, SF, EF and AS are all set up exactly as they were before I reloaded everything.  I must have erased the magic from my PC

Can you advise if you run just your simulator with EF and your aircraft do you get the higher CPU?

Yes, with every aircraft including default (I only have the robinson as default).  If I do not run EF CPU usage appears "normal".  That would mean that, in my case, I would be running P3D, AS, SmartCars, and Swift Client.  

So to confirm this is what you get with the following:

P3D + AS + SmartCars + Swift Client = lower CPU

P3D + AS + SmartCars + Swift Client + EF = 99%

Do you get 99% ALL the time with EF?  Also, please do the following:

Please post screen shots of your settings within P3D as well as a snapshot of your processes running within your task manager when it is running 99%.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Sign in to follow this