robains

FIX ITEM any conflicts with Orbx HD buildings and REX 5 HD airports?

Thanks for responses, I'll hold off on installing REX 5 HD Airport until full investigation. 

Do HD Airports use the P3D Add-On approach or are the files just being overwritten and/or amended?  I was waiting for Orbx to release FTX Central 4 that uses the P3D Add-On method, but unfortunately it seems FTX Central 4 has been delayed so the possibility of conflicts is still present (hence my question).

Cheers, Rob.

Hi, World Wide Airports replaces Airport building textures in the default texture files and some vehicle models that have been improved  in the model library and push back BGL. When the sim builds the autogen that is when there overwritten. 

Like stated ORBX is overwriting this processes on a new layer so any compatibility issues will be on there side. 

Ok, looks like another case of end user stuck in the middle again ...

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/175960-any-conflicts-with-hd-buildings-and-REX-5-hd-airports/?tab=comments#comment-1539086

Hopefully REX and ORBX can work together to resolve ... it's these types of conflicts that tend to push users away from Flight Simulation ... overall it's not good for anyone to leave unattended.

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 1

We will investigate this further and discuss it as a team.  However, we need to identify what is the conflict.  

This item has been marked as a fix item for the next patch.

• Like 1