teeroy66

RESOLVED Weird behavior with clouds

Today is the first time I am seeing this issue and I haven't heard of anyone else experiencing this so far. I was on a flight from KBOS-KDEN and half through the flight I noticed this unusual  cloud behavior somewhere over Illinois which continued all the way to Denver. Since I wanted to continue with this flight, here is what I did.

1. Restarted P3dv4 and restarted EF and started from the saved flight...Same issue
  2. Cleared EF shaders and started from a saved flight. Same issue.
  3. Disabled Envshade and used only EF shaders...same issue
  4. After I completed my flight. I started a new situation and the issue went away.

I'm not sure what caused it but clearing shaders and restarting P3dv4 and EF did not resolved this problem. 

I will continue to monitor report back if issue returns.

Troy

Is this the scale up down of the cloud size in auto mode?

17 hours ago, fs1 said:

Is this the scale up down of the cloud size in auto mode?

Yes it is. However, I completed another three hour flight yesterday without any issues. I'm about to start another in a few minutes.

If I remember correctly, the only thing I did differently when I experienced the problem was when I went between manual and auto mode. I played with the cloud morphing in manual mode but reset it shortly before returning to auto mode. In auto mode, I have everything enabled, and sometimes I Reset Automation. Reset Automation did not make a difference to the issue. Maybe I caused something, I don't know. I'll monitor a second test today.

Troy

1 hour ago, teeroy66 said:

I'm about to start another in a few minutes.

Thank you Troy, we await your results.

I completed a second flight yesterday without any problems. Perhaps the problem was a one time thing.  

• Like 1