Will_

CLOSED Does Not Start

Hi Support,

I picked up Environment Force in the sale (along with SF3D), and installed it following the recommendations included. However, when I try to run the Environment Force executable (D:\Games\P3D\REXModules\rexenvforce.exe), I receive a run as administrator prompt (when enabling UAC to test its actually trying to start), and then nothing happens...

Are there some log files that I can provide you with? And to clarify, should this particular REX addon definitely be installed to the P3D install directory?

I noticed that this addon relies on MSSQL 16, and I did originally have a copy of MSSQL installed (I can't remember the version). As I had finished with that development, I uninstalled both REX EF and the MSSQL application, so that the reinstall would be fresh. Could it be failing to connect to the database and therefore not opening?

Thanks,
Will

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ! Environment Force must be installed into the main root of Prepar3D v4. (Example: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4)
During installation the installer will create a folder within your simulator folder named “REXModules”.

don't  forget  to install  as  admin  right  and   run  the  exe  as  admin as well

in the  REX  module  folder  there are  log  files  so post  the  last    log   that  was  created

11 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ! Environment Force must be installed into the main root of Prepar3D v4. (Example: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4)
During installation the installer will create a folder within your simulator folder named “REXModules”.

don't  forget  to install  as  admin  right  and   run  the  exe  as  admin as well

in the  REX  module  folder  there are  log  files  so post  the  last    log   that  was  created

My Prepar3D directory is D:\Games\P3D, which is where Environment Force is installed to. The REX Modules folder exists, which is where the executable is. I have run this as an administrator. I've got a .mdf and .ldf file, are these the logs in question?

Hi Will, 

So to clarify, the REX Modules folder resides directly inside the main Prepar3D folder?

If so, do you have a firewall or antivirus that is blocking EF from opening? 

Hi @timest999,

That is correct. Only Windows Defender, which I believe has an exclusion for the REX Modules directory. 

On 7/11/2019 at 12:02 AM, Will_ said:

Hi @timest999,

That is correct. Only Windows Defender, which I believe has an exclusion for the REX Modules directory. 

I will PM you.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?