NeilC

RESOLVED Performance problems

I hate to say this, but you seem to have a performance problem with the latest version of EF.

I fly exclusively in VR (which is very critical on performance).  The old EF worked fine performance wise.  The new one doesn't.

I just did a test.  Flying out of LOWI where there are currently thunderstorms.  

Using EF (all textures set to 512 DX - both in EF and SF), I was struggling to get 20fps (AWS locked in VR).  It was a very choppy experience.  

Using SF (no EF) with clouds in SF at 512 DX, the performance was 40fps (AWS locked in VR).  It was like night and day.  Using EF seems to kill my fps.  I am running in full auto, and as said have the textures set to 512 DX in both SF and EF.  It is only since the latest patch!.

Is there anywhere that I can download the old version of EF?

Thanks

Neil

ps.  I have spent hours an hours testing, trying to find out where I lost my performance, and it is definately  EF!  When I disable it, everything is back to normal!

I also have another problem.  After disabling EF, all my shaders are greyscale.  How do I restore the original shaders?

Delete the shaders cache. Type %localappdata%

Ane then go to the LM folder, then P3D v4 and then delete entirely the Shaders folder.

@rstough should be fixing this bug

Posted (edited)

For me the same Problem like NEILC, after Technical Update 2.0 , P3dV4 is unable to play, only stutters and less then 20 FPS

Solution requested

Edited by kingpin911

Luckily I dont have any issues with EF after the update so maybe an add on is clashing , maybe disable add ons one by one and see how it goes ?

To all having FPS issues, disable cirrus overcast and load again the sim.

22 hours ago, fs1 said:

To all having FPS issues, disable cirrus overcast and load again the sim.

I had the same issue, worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

Guest REX Support

image.thumb.png.1d6e1f39aac925aa4c1a0b4bd8e2f630.png

Under the Cirrus Cloud Control

If I am in auto mode I only get one screen with a few on/off settings. 

How do you get to the setting above when in auto mode? Where do I need to click? 

Cheers

Change to manual mode, make the settings, switch back to auto 

19 minutes ago, NeilC said:

Change to manual mode, make the settings, switch back to auto 

Ah ok thanks I'll try this later

21 hours ago, REX Support said:

image.thumb.png.1d6e1f39aac925aa4c1a0b4bd8e2f630.png

Under the Cirrus Cloud Control

I will go update the setting in manual mode but I can't help but see that the screenshot shows auto mode and still able to access the settings? How is this possible?

Cheers

If you disable this feature you must restart EF and your simulator for it to take effect to disable it.

With this disabled there will still be overcast but not with cirrus clouds? What's the main difference?

5 hours ago, 0Artur0 said:

With this disabled there will still be overcast but not with cirrus clouds? What's the main difference?

Yes you can still have overcast clouds, but not the dense overcast that EF offers with this feature.  The sim has never been able to provide this kind of dense coverage.  But we know it comes with a cost in some frame rate hits.  

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?