Sign in to follow this  
Aussie

CLOSED Smooth cloud injection question

As instructed, I start Sky Force first, then EF, and lastly P3D v4.5HF. I have EF set to 6 minutes and use SF as the weather engine.

I have never been able to get a smooth injection of clouds (or weather). I get the text saying something like 'starting WX station creation', then 'finished WX creation' and the clouds instantly pop up over the whole environment. (QNH and Temp do take about 1 minute to transition and stabilize though)

Then I had a thought yesterday. Should I turn off the direct inject weather option in Sky Force, and only leave the SF weather engine on?

Basically, can you tell a mug like me, what I should turn off and on, in each package, when you use them conjointly?

Thanks

Aussie

Same here, I still have drastic cloud changes when the weather updates. I am using the latest versions of skyforce and environment force and while the clouds are beautiful, It's annoying when they just pop up. This has been a problem since forever and it's hard to believe that it still happens. Maybe I have my settings wrong because when there are too many settings it can get confusing. Thank you

Can you guys modify ANYTHING via manual mode from the MAIN UI (not mini-UI).

Thanks for your response. I will try modifying the Manual settings in the Main UI today and observe the result.

I'm an Automatic type of guy and set the package to that. Previously, I have only moved the slider from 5 minutes to 7 or 10 minutes. Same quick pop up of clouds. I'm really looking forward to seeing clouds evolve. I have try toggling the Fog in the mini UI (to see what it does) and that changed density.

I'll report back.

Aussie

An update: I loaded SF and EF then P3d. I went into EF and put it on manual. I tried most of the sliders and yes, each one changed my default Fair weather view in P3d. I then set the P3D weather option to 'REX Weather' and returned to the external view. The view did clear slowly and the pressure rose to match the QNH.

I tried a 2 hour flight, hoping I was heading into real time bad weather, at the destination, but by the time I got to the destination it had cleared to match my departure airfield.

More testing today.

Aussie

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

I have to admit: After what seems a great amount of time and experimenting I have now abandoned SF as a weather engine, bit the bullet, and purchased AS4.

AS4 and EF (while still utilising the textures from SF) seems to work well together. The pop-up clouds seems to have disappeared for me world-wide. I have turned off the top left sliders in EF. The two packages seem to play well together in Auto and Manual. I'm still experimenting.

Aussie

We are sorry to hear about your experience with the SF weather engine.  Hopefully, when we release Weather Force, this will bring you back.

• Like 1

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Sign in to follow this