Hi.

First screen default p3d v4.5 without any external weather program. Everything set to none (vis set to 40nm - 64km) in p3d weather advanced mode.

Second screen exactly same condition with EF newest build. Drastically reduced visibility despite the fact that visibility is set to 64nm - 100km in EF.

2019-6-20_19-58-21-716.jpg

2019-7-3_20-14-18-779.jpg

Posted (edited)

I concur, the vis is too low on a clear day. Still very hazy in good weather/clear skies. Their is also some very dark stratocumulus clouds always present when their is Wx, much too dark.

I'll monitor this.

Edited by portanav

I tried changing my tomatoshade preset to a preset created by SkyForce and the haze problem improved significantly. Their is a distant haze but not as severe as before, much more acceptable. However, with clear skies set in ASP4 their was still few low clouds.

I don't use any other shader program so no improvement. Waiting for devs response.

Just to add that I have noticed the same - but discovered that it (the level of haze) is hugely affected by the ‘enable weather smoothing’ setting in the main user interface under ‘auto’ mode.

I do use ASP4 as weather engine and so I do not have the ‘enable weather smoothing’ feature activated (as indicated in the main user interface). If it is activated (on), very strong haze appears like in your photos. If it is off, then the strong haze seems to go away. That is my experience and observation. 

Of course I’m not sure how it would respond if you use the REX SF weather engine (which I’ve never tried) and not ASP4. 

Regards,

Rhett  

Hi,

Due to the nature of this topic, we ask that you send an email to our Tier 2 Technical Support Staff at support@rexgamestudios.com

Please provide a link to this post in your email.  

Thank you for your patience as we try to help you resolve this.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately even with Tier 2 Tech Support problem still persist (last mail from 14.07 " We will have to investigate this further.  I will address it with the team.").

Edited by musiol1

Definitely, switching OFF 'Sky Fog Tuning' and 'Haze Effect' in the shader programs (PTA or Tomatoshade) '*.ini' files fixes the (my) problems with Haze and REX EF.

16 hours ago, musiol1 said:

Unfortunately even with Tier 2 Tech Support problem still persist (last mail from 14.07 " We will have to investigate this further.  I will address it with the team.").

We recently switched over to a new ticketing system.  We are investigating this situation, but can you confirm that you are no other outside add-ons that could possibly influence the haze?  Example would be another weather engine or such?

I can confirm that i don't use any other addons that can influence the haze. My full list of addons:
- FSUIPC
- RAAS PRO
- GSX
- PrecipitFX
- OPUS FSI (but it was not used to check the haze effect)
- ORBX and other airports
- PMDG, QW787, CS757, MajesticDash

On 7/28/2019 at 1:57 AM, musiol1 said:

I can confirm that i don't use any other addons that can influence the haze. My full list of addons:
- FSUIPC
- RAAS PRO
- GSX
- PrecipitFX
- OPUS FSI (but it was not used to check the haze effect)
- ORBX and other airports
- PMDG, QW787, CS757, MajesticDash

What about FSUIPC?  

Posted (edited)

Version 5.151 with default configuration. I only use it for mjc dash8-400 and when i sometimes when i fly on IVAO network.  If You need I can do a test according to your settings (send me only a .ini file)

Edited by musiol1

7 hours ago, musiol1 said:

Version 5.151 with default configuration. I only use it for mjc dash8-400 and when i sometimes when i fly on IVAO network.  If You need I can do a test according to your settings (send me only a .ini file)

I don't use FSUIPC personally, so I will check with our QA Team and get back to you.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, musiol1 said:

Thanks. I will wait for Your response.

I checked with the QA team and it doesn't seem to be an FSUIPC issue.  I will pushing for a new build of EF for testing ASAP.  I ask that you download and test it when it becomes available.

For now You can closed it, but i will wait for the update to check if issue will be resolve.