KrisJ

FIX ITEM Speed changing after weather update

Hi,

Anyone knows how to prevent significant changes during weather update? Sometimes my mach speed is increasing from 0.8 event to 0.87 causing dramatic interuption to flight path.

Regards,

Kris

Do you also get an over speed warning and the stick shaker noise?

Yes. Change of the weather simply results in rapid change of aircraft’s speed. I need to slow down then back to mach 0.8 and continue. Or vice versa to increase speed after it dropped from 0.8 to 0.75. It happens both in P3D v3 and v4. It is usually connected with some altitude change but not so significant to justify mach 0.8 to 0.87 change. Lets say 31000 ft to 31500 ft.

Hi, we are aware of this issue and are still investigating the cause. At this time it is occurring although with regularity it is not occurring with all computers and installed sims. Unfortunately when issues like this in nature happens it becomes extremely difficult to confirm diagnose and find the resolution. Until the cause can be predicted and replicated at will they are depending on reports from users hopefully finding this key element.

REX Support is extremely grateful for your patience while we work to resolve this tricky issue.      

Ok, good to hear you are aware. I would say its wind change to be blame. At crusing alt a 15 kts IAS impact may result easily in aircraft overspeeding. Maybe its a matter of smoothing that change during wx update.