winstonwolf

CLOSED Open Points - Problems

Posted (edited)

Hello , 

Some Points what are for me not solved at the Moment : 

1. How can i start my Sim with minimized UI Panel ?

2. A big Performance Hit in Automation Mode is the automatic change of the Cloud Size becaue my Computer I9 9900K / RTX2018Ti goes from 30 FPS to 15 FPS when the Cloud Size comes over 1.0 

I use the Cloudset 17 from REX Skyforce with an resolution of 1024bit with DXT5 . 

3. The Clouds himself - Why it is not possible to make Clouds which are more FPS friendly ? 

4. The Water in Automation Mode is still too light blue . 

5. The Cloud Colors at dawn or dusk are too orange . 

Michael 

Edited by winstonwolf

Does the FPS loss happens in manual mode? Thanks

On 7/1/2019 at 11:42 PM, winstonwolf said:

Hello , 

Some Points what are for me not solved at the Moment : 

1. How can i start my Sim with minimized UI Panel ?

2. A big Performance Hit in Automation Mode is the automatic change of the Cloud Size becaue my Computer I9 9900K / RTX2018Ti goes from 30 FPS to 15 FPS when the Cloud Size comes over 1.0 

I use the Cloudset 17 from REX Skyforce with an resolution of 1024bit with DXT5 . 

3. The Clouds himself - Why it is not possible to make Clouds which are more FPS friendly ? 

4. The Water in Automation Mode is still too light blue . 

5. The Cloud Colors at dawn or dusk are too orange . 

Michael 

Please accept our apologies for the VERY EXTREMELY late reply.

Let me answer your questions as best as possible:

#1 - The newest update should allow you do to this now.  You will need to download and install Technical Update 2.0.

#2 - This has nothing to do with your CPU or even you GPU.  It has to do with the # of verticies being rendered per frame and the code behind that.  Remember that the weather engine within P3D is the old FSX code.  So therefore, it is still 2005/6 technology.  Do the following:

a.) Open SF and navigate to the Cloud models and reduce the overcast to minimum and re install

b.) Then navigate to the Settings Resolution within SF and reduce everything to a minimum 512 X 512 and DXT5 and re install your textures.

#3 This is easier said than done; however, we are working on more FPS friendly clouds

#4 This should be better within the new build

#5 Are you using any other shader tools along with EF?

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?

Hello ,

thanks - you can close it as resolved. Because I don’t use EF anymore. Only use Tomato - for me less settings and nearly the same quality. 

But maybe in future I give EF a try again 😉

Michael