Sled-Driver

CLOSED Haze/visibility control question

I'm struggling to understand how haze/visibility control is implemented in EF.

If I leave it in Full Auto, general haze levels are too much.

If I switch to Manual, then I don't even find any visibility settings in the app. What I find is FOG settings. FOG is different. FOG is something that happens close to terrain. I want to set the visibility levels to something more realistic, but I still want them to vary with weather.

I get the feeling that when I adjust any haze/visibility settings that they become more fixed and don't vary realistically with weather.

Also, haze/visibility levels seems to be to much above the clouds. Usually in the real world visibility levels are much higher above the clouds than below.

One final point. Why is it that I can fly towards for example a target airport and have it in cleat visible range, and then suddenly have the visible range drop to much less, when I did not fly through clouds etc. Surely if there is a bad visibility area between me and the airport, it should always be there, and not pop up unexpectedly as I approach the airport. If it is there I should't be able to see the airport.

So can someone explain where is the best place to adjust visibility settings? And can this be controlled separately for above and below cloud? And is fog a separate entity in the sim/EF? Or is it all lumped together under visibility? That would be a shame.

EF feels very good in many areas, but there still seems to be areas which need improvement. Or can I configure these things better than the defaults?

Hi,

Due to the nature of this topic, we ask that you send an email to our Tier 2 Technical Support Staff at support@rexgamestudios.com

Please provide a link to this post in your email.  

Thank you for your patience as we try to help you resolve this.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?