Sign in to follow this  
willtearne02

CLOSED Bad FPS and high CPU usage

Hello, 

I have already posted about this issue around a month ago and unfortunately it is still persisting. I have 77% CPU usage in the air with some cloud coverage, with 40-50% on the ground at EGKK which is a pretty resource hog scenery. This increase in CPU usage at higher altitudes is affecting frames, and I have <30 in the air with an i5 9600k OC'd @ 4.8GHz with an RTX2070. Any idea how to solve this? Google Chrome is closed (albeit only have on tab open to start this topic).

Thanks, 

Will.

Hi Will,

First, did you install the recently update of EF?

EF itself isn't a resource hog, unless you are increasing the cloud size drastically.

Another thing we have heard some reports on is the Enable Dense Cirrus Overcast Layer option in EF if turned on causes some sort of performance issues. Personally I don't experience this on my 2 systems, but some have. Do you have that enabled in EF?

On 7/3/2019 at 12:36 AM, timest999 said:

Hi Will,

First, did you install the recently update of EF?

EF itself isn't a resource hog, unless you are increasing the cloud size drastically.

Another thing we have heard some reports on is the Enable Dense Cirrus Overcast Layer option in EF if turned on causes some sort of performance issues. Personally I don't experience this on my 2 systems, but some have. Do you have that enabled in EF?

Hello,

Thanks for you reply. Yes I do have this option enabled and will try without on my next flight and report back the results :)

Will.

• Like 1

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?

Sign in to follow this