moey124

FIX ITEM black grounds and gray skies

hey i installed the new update. it works fine when i start it up. i turn off the sim and i restart the sim and i get black grounds and grey skies. i have delete shaders re did the client and i start back EF and it worked but then i turn off the sim and utrn it back on this happens. 

2019-6-30_18-42-57-249.jpg

2019-6-30_18-42-52-530.jpg

If you re-start the sim and delete the cache you should be good. Is this your case? Is EF present in your case or not?

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

If you re-start the sim and delete the cache you should be good. Is this your case? Is EF present in your case or not?

How do u delete the cache ? I restarted the sim without EF. 

type in the windows explorer: %localappdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

And delete all those files. Restart P3D and it should look OK.

56 minutes ago, fs1 said:

type in the windows explorer: %localappdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

And delete all those files. Restart P3D and it should look OK.

My question is should i be doing this all the time when i close the sim ? 

1 hour ago, moey124 said:

My question is should i be doing this all the time when i close the sim ? 

No, on EF close Shaders should be deleted

Posted (edited)

I have the same problem when I forget to run EnvForce. 

Looks like a reminder: you forgot EF ! ))

Have to restart P3D 4.5

Previously, this was not.

1.jpg

Edited by BMW969

3 hours ago, fs1 said:

No, on EF close Shaders should be deleted

I am still getting confused, when i close the sim with ef running and i close ef permenatly and i turn on back the sim i get these gray skies etc . My question is should i run ef again when i want to run the sim suppose i dont want to use it ? 

This seems to be a bug, if once EF closed you see all these gray and no terrain. @rstough should take a look a this

This also occurs when you disable the dll and start the sim without EF. Using P3Dv4.5hf1.

Randy

@rstough will be looking at this,

On 7/2/2019 at 5:42 PM, fs1 said:

This seems to be a bug, if once EF closed you see all these gray and no terrain. @rstough should take a look a this

Hi there,

I can confirm 100% that I got exactly the same thing last night. I nearly had heart failure. 

I’ve now completely uninstalled REX EF until these bugs and the no water movement problem is fixed. I’ve unfortunately spent far too much time starting, stopping P3D with and without REX EF, clearing and reinstalling default shaders etc etc etc. 

I really do appreciate the ground breaking work that the development team is doing and I look forward to when it runs smoothly.

I really also hope to see a proper guide on how to use REX EF with other REX products and other shader programs like PTA (which itself is supported by REX SF 3D).  

Regards,

In my experience I simply start EF before p3d as so I dont have grey issues,  works fine for me 😁

Guys, 

We have confirmed that our shader protocol is in fact functioning as intended. 

The proper way for this to work is you start EF, and await it to be fully opened BEFORE opening P3D. Once EF is fully open, start P3D. Once you are finished in P3D, you close P3D, and await it to be FULLY closed, then you close EF. 

Posted (edited)

@timest999, I'm pretty sure we know that you need to start EF beforehand, but if you don't want to use EF (and disable the dll as well) the sim will appear gray unless you also restore the 10 modified files in ShadersHLSL (if you have a backup). Is it not possible to change this behavior so running EF is optional?

Randy

Edit: So, I was obviously out to lunch there. If you leave the dll enabled but do not start EF the scene isn't gray. I guess it's only if the dll is disabled. So, please disregard and accept my apologies. 🤐

Edit 2: Now I can't duplicate the issue I had before. If the dll is disabled and I don't start EF, the scene is not gray. Not sure what happened, maybe it was the old build...

Edited by RRVyper
Errors.
  • Like 1

I am having this issue.  I have not touched the dll so it is active.  I close P3DV4, then I close Environment Force about 10 seconds later.  Despite doing this if I open P3DV4 without starting Environment Force I get the grey skies and black ground.  Environment Force does not seem to be clearing the shaders on my system.  If I manually clear the shaders the issue does not occur.

4 hours ago, scottharmes6 said:

I am having this issue.  I have not touched the dll so it is active.  I close P3DV4, then I close Environment Force about 10 seconds later.  Despite doing this if I open P3DV4 without starting Environment Force I get the grey skies and black ground.  Environment Force does not seem to be clearing the shaders on my system.  If I manually clear the shaders the issue does not occur.

er   you  say  you start  pdv4   before  ef   you  get the grey  skies(  of course  you will get issues),  been  said  many  times  in the manual  you need  to start  ef  first   waits  till it  loads   than start your  sim  reverse  order  or  exit

7 hours ago, scottharmes6 said:

EF deletes the Shaders folder upon launch. If you decide not to run EF, you will have to manually delete the folder (or the files inside) before launching P3D.

Randy

20 hours ago, RRVyper said:

EF deletes the Shaders folder upon launch. If you decide not to run EF, you will have to manually delete the folder (or the files inside) before launching P3D.

Randy

Perhaps the protocol should be altered so that EF deletes the shaders upon exit, so that the user does not have to delete the shaders manually if they decide not to use EF the next time P3DV4 is started.  I do a lot of testing which sometimes requires constant restarting of the sim, but I would like to use EF from time to time when I am doing a full flight or a general sightseeing flight.

@rstough ?

Agreed. I suppose it would have to happen before and after. Another option is a batch file, but not an elegant solution.

Randy

EF deletes shader cache at launch as well as exit. Don't confuse this with deleting shaders themselves.

@moey124 is this resolved for you?

On 7/14/2019 at 8:34 AM, RRVyper said:

Randy

Randy, not really, as EF removes shader cache on exit as well.

9 minutes ago, timest999 said:

@moey124 is this resolved for you?

Randy, not really, as EF removes shader cache on exit as well.

Hmmm, I'm not seeing this on my system. Does it wait for the prepar3d.exe process to terminate? Perhaps I am closing EF too soon? Or is it the dll that does it? If P3D has an APPCRASH on exit, will this affect the clearing of the Shaders folder by EF? The reason I ask is that I am troubleshooting exactly that issue (APPCRASH) and I'm fairly convinced that it is an add-on that I am starting manually (Active Sky, Environment Force or Aivlasoft EFBv2, and sometimes Navigraph Charts).

Randy