Sign in to follow this  
SaenchaySor

RESOLVED "Few" more issues.... PBR bugs, cloud bugs, fog bugs, Lighting multipliers ctd

1. PBR Bugs

Can be seen in those 2 pics. There is some weird metal effect now since the latest update. 

unknown.png

2. Cloud shader bugs

Guess i dont need many words here. Same as above, got introduced with new update.

unknown.png

3. Fog bugs. 

Where is fogmode auto? There is only off and manual. Maybe im dreaming but i thought there was an automode to choose before. The problem is that in none of both options the fog is right.

unknown.png

Visibility is 10sm, still i can look 100km far. If i put it to manual it gets fully cleared and vis is unlimited. Not a slight haze even.

4. Lighting multipliers changes causes a ctd for me....

5. Performance.... is noticeably lower as in 517

Intel 7700K (not oc)

RTX 2080 (not oc)

No heat problems

Win 10 - 1903

16GB Ram

4.5 with hotfix

Tomatoshade

ActiveSky

WeatherSmoothing OFF

Regarding 1), we need to monitor - can you provide more details?

2) is a known issue in P3D when doing modding (PTA, EF, etc.) - google black clouds. Please clear cache and reload P3D, this may solve it.

3) @rstough will answer this

4) This is weird. Ok, when does this happen? Always? We need more details on a replicable CTD

5) I see your images and you have quick heavy weathers. Please for FPS comparison, please go to fair weather and see if you have FPS loses (vs non EF scenario)

Thanks

Regarding 1), we need to monitor - can you provide more details?

I flew out of KMIA, on ground it was still ok, when getting around 2k feet this started/starts

2) is a known issue in P3D when doing modding (PTA, EF, etc.) - google black clouds.

I googled. And every single entry i saw is very old. P3D 3.3 and in most of the topics it was fixed with a clear of shaders or updated PTA.

Well, i probably said this 10 times already and some ppl may sound like i want to brag about it but i can tell you that i fly a lot and more than that i LOOK a lot how my sims looks. When other ppl are busy handling their FSL im the one who looks at the scenery... Im a hardcore tweaker too and yet ive never see this. The first time i saw this is after installing the latest version of EF, at the very first flight with it, never before. Not once. If you watch the forum there are multiple others who report same. Ask them if they ever had this before. It can be that this is a problem that is around already but then again, for me it ONLY happens when using EF and that only in latest version. I can fly a thousand of hours with only Tomatoshade, Skyforce and Activesky and all is good.

4) This is weird. Ok, when does this happen? Always? We need more details on a replicable CTD

It happens when clicking the option.

Nice... after that CTD P3D doesnt start anymore... CTD before scenery load starts with Kernelbase error.

After getting P3D to run i turned of HDR and reset the shaders inside miniUI of EF.

Now the problems are even bigger...

unknown.png

Hi @SaenchaySor

1. I noticed this happening when the cloud shadow is set too dark. Is this happening in Auto mode or are you setting it manually? Does this happen all the time?

2. I personally ran into this issue when the cloud size was set too large. Again, is this happening in Auto mode or is it set manually? Does this happen all the time?

3. Please inquire about this directly to our Tier 2 at support@rexgamestudios.com

4. Please supply a crash log so we can identify this.

Posted (edited)

1 & 2 i could fix by resetting to manufacure settings a few times

3. will do, thank you

4. i never tired it anymore. if i have the time i will and report back

Ive got a few more, will open another topic

Edited by SaenchaySor

We will look at putting caps on values as an option to our end users for certain features as to avoid any unpleasant visual anomalies. 

Sign in to follow this