dutchkip

RESOLVED Installer for update missing?

When starting EF ver 5.0.2019.0517 I get message for upgrade. Going to download upgrade but can't get it downloaded as Bitdefender is finding a virus in it. http://www.rexdownload.com/download/sync/REXENVFORCE/SERVICEPACKS/20190625/rexinstaller.exe Threat name: Gen:Variant.Mikey.98735.

Downloaded update from forum page but only get rexenvforce_20190625.msi. When clicking on that I get message saying This package can only be run from a bootstrapper.

I take it this means an installer? Not sure how to get this working.

REX.jpg

Hello,

Same for me. After starting EF and asking for upgrading the version .  Bitdefender is blocking the EF internet update page.

Downloaded the update via simmarket  but it contains Threat name: Gen:Variant.Mikey.98735. Bitfender removes the .exe file when analysis the ZIP file.

Regards

I am also experiencing this. Both from the Simmarket update and direct from the REX update download.

Interesting to read of your issues, which sound like my experience. I tried more than once to allow TU2 to take place, but Bitdefender was very specific in reporting the same Mikey infection, and I bought from the REX store. As the detection was very specific I am loath to proceed with restoring the download from quarantine until I get assurance all is well.

That said, I then decided to hit "cancel" when loading Environment Force up, for a sim session, assuming it would merely put the update on hold and run the current version, which would have been fine with me. Sadly I then ran into the "Your validation process failed. Please contact support" message once the sim loaded. The EF mini UI does not show anything bar that warning so I don't know if it is loading or not, but clearly I can't change any of the parameters.

Reading your experience tempts me to  uninstall EF completely and see what happens if I start the download over, assuming the full product download is the latest version, however I expect it more than likely I'll run into the same infection warning once more.

Right now, the only reassurance is that the issue seems to be affecting a few of us, so hopefully clarification as to how to deal with it will come soon.

11 hours ago, DaveR_UK said:

Interesting to read of your issues, which sound like my experience. I tried more than once to allow TU2 to take place, but Bitdefender was very specific in reporting the same Mikey infection, and I bought from the REX store. As the detection was very specific I am loath to proceed with restoring the download from quarantine until I get assurance all is well.

That said, I then decided to hit "cancel" when loading Environment Force up, for a sim session, assuming it would merely put the update on hold and run the current version, which would have been fine with me. Sadly I then ran into the "Your validation process failed. Please contact support" message once the sim loaded. The EF mini UI does not show anything bar that warning so I don't know if it is loading or not, but clearly I can't change any of the parameters.

Reading your experience tempts me to  uninstall EF completely and see what happens if I start the download over, assuming the full product download is the latest version, however I expect it more than likely I'll run into the same infection warning once more.

Right now, the only reassurance is that the issue seems to be affecting a few of us, so hopefully clarification as to how to deal with it will come soon.

I got an email last night with a link for downloading the file (RAR) which downloaded fine.

I have only unpacked it and there is now an installer present and no virus warnings.

Will install later today and keep you all posted. If you have started a ticked with REX they will get back to you with the same download link.

Reed, if you read this, am I allowed to post link here?

Leo

8 hours ago, dutchkip said:

I got an email last night with a link for downloading the file (RAR) which downloaded fine.

I have only unpacked it and there is now an installer present and no virus warnings.

Will install later today and keep you all posted. If you have started a ticked with REX they will get back to you with the same download link.

Reed, if you read this, am I allowed to post link here? 

Leo

Update:  That didn't work either, as it had installer for update 1.1 attached to it.

Went to forum and tried downloading ver 2 which downloaded without problems or alarms from BITDEFENDER.

Installed and is running fine now.

Leo