jwcruz825

CLOSED what could be causing this problem ?

what can be the cause of that black trasparency  when bad weather its around and u look in that angle ?  is it Active sky or REX sky force ?  as u can see the clouds ahead they dont have that problem

Screenshot_113.png

Hi please post the following as well are you using the Sky Force Engine and Textures and have Environment Force Installed. 
This could be a sign of your resources being overloaded and or graphics settings to high...  
- Graphics Card
- Chipset
- Ram Size 
- are you overclocking 
- Sky Force Texture resolution 
- P3d Graphics settings 

Thank you for your prompt response and patience while we work to resolve this issue 

Do you have Environment Force installed? is so weather smoothing 
is this with The Sky Force weather engine or using another weather engine
please show your lighting settings in P3d as well 

Thank you for responding

I am assuming that you are using Sky Force as your weather engine....

If Active Sky is being used as your weather engine with Sky Force textures this may effect findings as well...

Sky Force alone should not be doing this and although I have not tested with a lap top your settings are not all that high for the card, but this still does not indicate that settings still could be an issue  due to unknown issue with hardware or software. Please try temporarily lowering your graphic settings in P3d to default and see if the issue repeats. If all is well start increasing your settings slowly until the issue returns. 

Please post back if this helps with the Shader issue...     

that only happen when there is bad weather and u go in on a Red Cell its dont happen in normal clouds or if its cloudy only happen when u go in a really bad weather cloud like u see on my screenshot am around a big Red Cell

I see it to jw. Using AS,SF and R&D preset for PTA. Are  you using a preset? Am going to do some testing.

yea am using RD preset 

and i dont think its the setting cause i had Rex4 with soft cloud and never had this with same setting and preset 

ok so am not the one having this only problem... cause yesterday on the broadcast they did on twitch i brought this issue up and josh and another member of REX was saying they never had this problem that it was my PC  or shader but my PC and setting are not the problem cause i have a very solid PC

Am not using EF but this happens to my sim. AS,SF and PTA here.

This is a common P3D issue when using mods.

Can you recompile shaders and see if it gets fixed? If not you will need to restart the sim and make the sim recompile your shaders.

Thanks

how is it a common P3D issue how come people havent said anything till it happen to me and 3 other flight simmers ? when i had REX T/D with softclouds  i had the same setting,PTA shaders and never had that problem so i got the new REX Sky Force  and before this last update on REX Sky force i didnt have that  problem.. 

It is a common P3D issue when you mod the clouds. Generally the glitch goes away when you recompile the shaders. Or you re-initiate the sim.

On 7/1/2019 at 8:46 PM, fs1 said:

It is a common P3D issue when you mod the clouds. Generally the glitch goes away when you recompile the shaders. Or you re-initiate the sim.

like i said before when i had Rex4 texture with softcloud i never had that problem and when i uses ASCA i never saw that either but here another encounter passing by a bad weather cloud  that a common P3D issue ?

Screenshot_122.png

Posted (edited)

@jwcruz825

Look at video 2 for your reference.

At that time it was a Active Sky issue, now it's a P3D issue...no comment........

Edited by GEK_the_Reaper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@jwcruz825

Look at video 2 for your reference.

At that time it was a Active Sky issue, now it's a P3D issue...no comment........

i saw and its crazy that at one point they said it my PC  but i guess am not the only one with the problem as u can see other people encounter the same thing but they said its P3D  and like i told them before i have use Rex4 texture with Softcloud and never had that issue.. even if i uses AS + ASCA i dont have that problem and i got the Rex5 cause its suppost to be better and all that but now i have those problem wich they say its P3D  issue now so ill just go with the flow and post stuff as it come and i will mention it on HIFI to see if their software or P3D forum and see what P3D has to say about it cause i will show them this  as they said its a P3D issue

@jwcruz825 well...I advise you to remove your shaders, rebuild the original ones and fly again in a red area and post some shots or videos.

a) If the anomaly is gone then it might be the way REX5 products work (or don't work)

b) If it's still there. then I will be eagerly awaiting REX comment....

PS: I do understand that you did not encountered any of these annomalies prior to SF3D. Trust me, I do! But these guys at REX know you use shader mods and therefor will always blame your mods for visual annomalies. Unfortunately it's a fact that many users do indeed aply layers over layers of shaders which many times ended in corrupted visuals.

PS2: I wonder if @fs1 or @REX Support 2 could do us a favor and post videos about flying in a / through a red area themselfes.... I mean...this would be the ultimate proofe that there's an issue on yours / our end.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:33 PM, jwcruz825 said:

like i said before when i had Rex4 texture with softcloud i never had that problem and when i uses ASCA i never saw that either but here another encounter passing by a bad weather cloud  that a common P3D issue ?

Screenshot_122.png

Please recompile your shaders and see if it is fixed.

21 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@jwcruz825 well...I advise you to remove your shaders, rebuild the original ones and fly again in a red area and post some shots or videos.

a) If the anomaly is gone then it might be the way REX5 products work (or don't work)

b) If it's still there. then I will be eagerly awaiting REX comment....

PS: I do understand that you did not encountered any of these annomalies prior to SF3D. Trust me, I do! But these guys at REX know you use shader mods and therefor will always blame your mods for visual annomalies. Unfortunately it's a fact that many users do indeed aply layers over layers of shaders which many times ended in corrupted visuals.

PS2: I wonder if @fs1 or @REX Support 2 could do us a favor and post videos about flying in a / through a red area themselfes.... I mean...this would be the ultimate proofe that there's an issue on yours / our end.

Can you let me know what are tour issues? I saw the video and I need to investigate. Seems like a FOV issues 

Hi @fs1

Since my issue is related... in reference to 

I already did 3 things:

1. Disabled 3D cloud morphing and cirrus cloud morphing w/in EF
2. Reset in-sim UI to manufacture settings
3. Delete P3D.cfg and shaders folder

And yet I still encounter this very same issue when passing thru stormy areas.

P.S. Sorry for hitching on this thread.

8 hours ago, fs1 said:

Can you let me know what are tour issues? I saw the video and I need to investigate. Seems like a FOV issues 

Sure! Thank you for interest!

The situation is the same as for the OP: just fly with your ACFT into a red WX zone!

The OP showed some screenshots of those dark areas. I think those are the same you can see on my 2nd video (almost to the end). The video shows you some very wild colors changing with the FoV (BUT JUST INSIDE A BIG RED WX AREA).

That video was shot without ANY shader mods but with ASP4 in use so it was quickly "classified" as a weather engine issue....

11 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Sure! Thank you for interest!

The situation is the same as for the OP: just fly with your ACFT into a red WX zone!

The OP showed some screenshots of those dark areas. I think those are the same you can see on my 2nd video (almost to the end). The video shows you some very wild colors changing with the FoV (BUT JUST INSIDE A BIG RED WX AREA).

That video was shot without ANY shader mods but with ASP4 in use so it was quickly "classified" as a weather engine issue....

In the video I see clouds dissipating which may be a sim issue triggered by EF.

The black clouds, each time you mod the shaders, the cloud one, you could see black clouds as a glitch. P3D has got better but still this could appear. This is generally solved when you recompile the shaders.

is that those two issues you have? Can you solve the black clouds via a recompile? Thanks 

15 hours ago, jetbluefan said:

Hi @fs1

Since my issue is related... in reference to 

I already did 3 things:

1. Disabled 3D cloud morphing and cirrus cloud morphing w/in EF
2. Reset in-sim UI to manufacture settings
3. Delete P3D.cfg and shaders folder

And yet I still encounter this very same issue when passing thru stormy areas.

P.S. Sorry for hitching on this thread.

What textures are you using? Can you try and restore the default clouds or lower the resolution? Thanks 

We are continuing to monitor this topic for possible further action.

Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 1:08 AM, fs1 said:

In the video I see clouds dissipating which may be a sim issue triggered by EF.

The black clouds, each time you mod the shaders, the cloud one, you could see black clouds as a glitch. P3D has got better but still this could appear. This is generally solved when you recompile the shaders.

is that those two issues you have? Can you solve the black clouds via a recompile? Thanks

Hello Federico,

I would need some time to test your theory because I removed both apps (SF3D and EF) a while ago and due to our little baby girl, I kind of have limited time for my flying hobby (not to mention less time for debugging....).

Maybe @jetbluefan or @jwcruz825 could jump in meanwhile.

Edited by GEK_the_Reaper