Posted (edited)

Hi,
I'm currently using the latest version (5.0.2019.0517) of Environment Force but I don't have the Mini UI on the screen to edit the shaders directly in the sim.
Is there any option to activate or a particular procedure to get the Mini UI interface?
Searching in the settings I didn't find anything and I don't know how to solve the problem. I use P3D V.4.5 with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Edited by Vortexbf

Try uninstall and reinstall. Chance are that the dll.xml file of Prepar3D is not correctly updated. Be sure to have Prepar3D completly closed.

My mini UI disappeared a while ago also due to the .dll being corrupted. I deleted my .dll and let P3d build another one. I then re-entered the PMDG Hud Interface, PMDG Interface and RAASPRO entries that I had backed up from previous saves.

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, gaab said:

Try uninstall and reinstall. Chance are that the dll.xml file of Prepar3D is not correctly updated. Be sure to have Prepar3D completly closed.

I tried but it doesn't work.

On 6/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, QF32 said:

My mini UI disappeared a while ago also due to the .dll being corrupted. I deleted my .dll and let P3d build another one. I then re-entered the PMDG Hud Interface, PMDG Interface and RAASPRO entries that I had backed up from previous saves.

Which .dll file do you mean exactly to make P3D re-create? Where is the .dll file? Does the .dll file create itself by starting the sim? Once deleted, do I have to reinstall the various addons (eg PMDG, Raasproo, etc.)?
There is no other way to view the Mini UI?
Thanks.

Edited by Vortexbf

6 hours ago, Vortexbf said:

I tried but it doesn't work.

Which .dll file do you mean exactly to make P3D re-create? Where is the .dll file? Does the .dll file create itself by starting the sim? Once deleted, do I have to reinstall the various addons (eg PMDG, Raasproo, etc.)?
There is no other way to view the Mini UI?
Thanks.

The dll.xml file will recreate but with some missing code. No addons need to be reinstalled.

The dll.xml file should be located at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. If you have PMDG and Aerosoft aircraft your dll.xml should look similar to the below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
  <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG_HUD_interface</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG_Interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>REX Environment Force</Name>
    <Path>REXModules\EnvironmentForce_x64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

1. You should save the original somewhere and then delete your dll.xml

2. Start your P3D and run it with default plane and airport.

3. Close P3D then go back into your dll.xml file.

4. You will only have the below code in there.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
  <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

5. Close your dll.xml then right click on it and select edit. Paste the PMDG HUD, RAASPRO and PMDG Interface code back in.

6. Save and close your dll.xmll file.

7. Start EF then Active Sky and then P3D. Start a flight, your mini UI should show up again. The Environment Force code in the dll.xml will be added when you start EF.

There is a new EF build being beta tested so if you want you can wait for that.

If something goes wrong, I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling your P3D Client again to flush anything out.

Please install the latest released version and report back.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:26 AM, timest999 said:

Please install the latest released version and report back.

Hi, I have installed the latest version but I still don't see the mini UI, how can I solve it? In doing so I can not make full use of the program.
Thanks.

On the SETTINGS page in the program, under the GENERAL tab, bottom right side "Enable in-sim mini interface" must be clicked ON.

Please let me know if this is the case.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:34 AM, timest999 said:

On the SETTINGS page in the program, under the GENERAL tab, bottom right side "Enable in-sim mini interface" must be clicked ON.

Please let me know if this is the case.

I confirm that I also tried using the option you suggested but I don't see the Mini UI. I have also tried to uninstall and install from scratch EF but the Mini UI does not appear inside the sim.
How can this problem be solved?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Vortexbf said:

I confirm that I also tried using the option you suggested but I don't see the Mini UI. I have also tried to uninstall and install from scratch EF but the Mini UI does not appear inside the sim.
How can this problem be solved?

Thanks.

Can you please verify that you have a "REXModules" folder INSIDE your main P3D folder? If so, please take a screenshot of the contents of that folder and place it here.

Thank you.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:32 PM, timest999 said:

Can you please verify that you have a "REXModules" folder INSIDE your main P3D folder? If so, please take a screenshot of the contents of that folder and place it here.

Thank you.

I confirm that the "REXModules" folder is present in the main Prepar3D folder.
I attach the files present in the "REXModules" folder.
Thank you.

Cattura.JPG

We are investigating that, thank you for your input.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:40 AM, Vortexbf said:

Hi,
I'm currently using the latest version (5.0.2019.0517) of Environment Force but I don't have the Mini UI on the screen to edit the shaders directly in the sim.
Is there any option to activate or a particular procedure to get the Mini UI interface?
Searching in the settings I didn't find anything and I don't know how to solve the problem. I use P3D V.4.5 with Windows 10.

Thank you.

I didn't see this in this post, but can you confirm you are starting EF first and letting it start fully before you start your simulator?

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2019 at 9:25 PM, rstough said:

I didn't see this in this post, but can you confirm you are starting EF first and letting it start fully before you start your simulator?

Hi rstough,

thanks for reply.

I confirm, I carry out this procedure precisely:
1) I run EF with the preset I want to use
2) I run Sky Force with the preset I want to use
3) I run Active Sky 4 for the weather engine
4) I run the sim (P3D 4.5)

Thanks.

Edited by Vortexbf

Thank you for that information.  Also, can you make changes to the sim with the main UI?

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, rstough said:

Thank you for that information.  Also, can you make changes to the sim with the main UI?

I think I can do it even if I've never tried it because I should run the sim in window mode. I generally use a community preset without making changes without having the mini ui

Edited by Vortexbf

9 hours ago, Vortexbf said:

I think I can do it even if I've never tried it because I should run the sim in window mode. I generally use a community preset without making changes without having the mini ui

Please confirm that this action is possible in each area of the Manual Mode.  We need to confirm that the DLL is communicating with the simulator.  Thank you.

14 hours ago, rstough said:

Please confirm that this action is possible in each area of the Manual Mode.  We need to confirm that the DLL is communicating with the simulator.  Thank you.

I tried doing a sync of clouds and textures via EF in manual mode directly from the program interface, but the program crashes and closes.

You are using build 0625?

8 hours ago, rstough said:

You are using build 0625?

Yes, I confirm that I use the version 5.0.2019.0625.

Hi,

Due to the nature of this topic, please fill out the following form so that we expedite your support item:

Click to open a Tier 2 support ticket

Thank you for your patience as we try to help you resolve this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REX Tier 2 Operating Hours

Monday through Friday,  9:00 am to 5:00 pm MST (-7Z)

This support topic is currently being handled via our support ticketing system.

This topic is temporarily locked until the support ticket is resolved.