Sign in to follow this  
Jedi928

RESOLVED WX Advantage Radar 2 entry in P3D4.5 Add-ons Menu?

Hello,

When i load the Flysimware Falcon 50 since i have updated WX Advantage Radar for P3D4.5, in P3D Add-ons menu why is there is 2 entry:

1) Weather radar module version info REX Wx version 1.44.1

2) Weather radar version info REX Wx version 1.40.45

In my P3DV4 module folder i have only one MV_WXM.dll version 1.44.1 so why i have two entry?

I think the second one is the old version, how to remove this entry in my P3D Add-ons menu?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Posted (edited)

I have the same situation as described above.  Here's a picture that shows what I see in P3Dv4.5:

550f955f43.JPG

To try an eliminate the double WX Radar listing, I uninstalled the WX Radar using the Win10 Control Panel Programs and Features.  After doing so I reloaded P3Dv4.5 and verified there was NO entries for the WX Radar under the Add-ons drop down menu. I then reinstalled the WX Radar, loaded P3Dv4.5, and was surprised to see the double WX Radar entries as shown in the picture were back.

The Weather Radar Module entry shows version # 1.44.1

The Weather Radar entry shows version # 1.40.45

If having 2 entries is normal, what is the difference between the two?

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark1320

One in the Sim Modules folder is the dll for the sim version compatibility  and the other is for the aircraft folder

There is only one MV_WXM.dll version 1.44.0.1 in Prepar3D v4\modules folder for my part and nothing  in my Flacon 50 aircraft folders.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:15 PM, REX Support 2 said:

One in the Sim Modules folder is the dll for the sim version compatibility  and the other is for the aircraft folder

Are there actually two different dlls involved here -- once called MV_WXM.dll (in the modules folder) and one called MV_WX.dll (in the sim gauges folder)?

Thx,

Al

Yes, the one in the modules folder (Program Sim Compatability) allows the WX Radar to work with the Sim version and the one in gauges folder is the actual WX Radar... 

On 6/16/2019 at 9:09 AM, REX Support 2 said:

Yes, the one in the modules folder (Program Sim Compatability) allows the WX Radar to work with the Sim version and the one in gauges folder is the actual WX Radar... 

Good info, thanks very  much.

Al