Sign in to follow this  
wain

ANSWERED best water solution

I am using REX SF & REX EF, what's my best solution regarding the water, I don't like the color of it mostly.....is there something I am missing or should install? I have most REX stuff but SF & EF are the only 2 installed.....this is p3d v4.5

Thanks

Hi Wain, 

You have Texture Direct which gives a lot of choices not only for water colors and tropical reefs, but also includes different wave animations as well. EF also allows you to change things, and if you haven't tried that, I would suggest you try that. Sky Force doesn't include water manipulation.

• Thanks 1

Hello Timest999,

Can briefly you go through, what you do with Texture Direct to affect the Water, and not the Clouds for me? I'm confused...

For instance, I start TD, set the Water effect I like but also have cloud settings, sun, runways settings etc that are saved as a theme. I set them all. I OK that and TD shuts down and automatically loads P3D. Do I only need to do that process once? Not use TD again?

I then shut down P3D. Open Sky Force and fine tune the clouds. Is there any SF settings I need to make to keep the TD Water and Runways?

I then open Environment Force. I then presume it uses the textures loaded by first by TD and SF? EF will also use the weather engine from SF, not the weather METAR it found as well?

I then start P3D. Correct?

Hopefully you can clear that up for me.

Thanks,

Aussie 

PS: regarding Runways. What takes precedence? TD or HD Airports or is it the last run?

On 6/10/2019 at 2:54 PM, Aussie said:

Can briefly you go through, what you do with Texture Direct to affect the Water, and not the Clouds for me? I'm confused

Hi, Please let me take a shot at this as Texture Direct water and water textures in general is an aspect of REX environment that brought me to REX the first place many years ago.

For clouds
you do not even use texture direct if you have Sky Force installed as you may cause "Cloud Library" issues as all the cloud models and textures  are covered with  Sky Force ....

For water and Texture Direct
You need to first calculate what geographical global location, longitudinal, seasonal and weather you will be generally flying in.
Once figured out.

• chose your water textures and install
  • Choose your wave  animation  

This is just basic but if you wish and you have EF as well I can forward you my steps for water .... PS I fly 80% coastal so water texture  is my pet