Sign in to follow this  
paj

RESOLVED Exiting EF?

Posted (edited)

I know EF must be fully loaded prior to running P3D, but do you need to quit EF after exiting P3D and launching P3D again? 

Also does EF gracefully process WM_CLOSE signals? When I attempt to quit EF by either a standard Windows ALT-F4 or by using the (non-forced)  taskkill command from a CMD script I find the main EF UI window will close but the rexenvforce.exe process remains running and must be forcibly terminated.

Edited by paj

On 6/7/2019 at 10:01 AM, paj said:

I know EF must be fully loaded prior to running P3D, but do you need to quit EF after exiting P3D and launching P3D again? 

I don't follow here... but let me clarify... EF must be fully opened before P3D is opened. P3D must be fully closed before closing EF.

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2019 at 10:01 AM, paj said:

Also does EF gracefully process WM_CLOSE signals? When I attempt to quit EF by either a standard Windows ALT-F4 or by using the (non-forced)  taskkill command from a CMD script I find the main EF UI window will close but the rexenvforce.exe process remains running and must be forcibly terminated.

In answer to your first question the answer is Yes.

In regards to your second question, you should not have to run any scripts to close EF.  If you click the X it will close on its own.  

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this