andy1252

RESOLVED Possibly dumb question re In-Sim Mini-UI

I've read through the manual several times, and I still seem to be missing this. My understanding is that the mini-UI just appears at sim startup time as long as I've previously started EF (that's what seems to happen, anyway). The manual also states "It’s important to note that the Mini UI can be scrolled, re-sized and hidden for convenience inside the simulator", but this is what's puzzling me. I can hide it, via the little symbol (which I can barely see on my 4k monitor) in the top right hand corner of the UI, but I can't see any way of getting it back again after that. No amount of right clicking, searching the system tray or any of the P3D menu options seem to give me this capability.

Am I doing something stoopid here?

(Oh, and I found the option to change the font size on the mini-UI but if you could possibly consider a couple more larger sizes being available in any future upgrade that'd be great. Even the largest of the three current ones is a bit of a stretch at 4k)

cheers,

Andy

Posted (edited)

You have to hold your cursor over the corners of the mini ui and then you can stretch it to make it larger if you wish.

Regarding getting it back again after you minimize it, you will find the symbol for it in the lower left of your screen. If you have your task bar showing you will have to hide it. I have my task bar to auto hide.

Edited by gets
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gets said:

you will find the symbol for it in the lower left of your screen

Ah! thanks for this info - how did you figure that out? Did I miss it in the manual? I'd never have found it otherwise, it can't be more than a couple of pixels wide and is practically invisible on my screen. Got it now though. I'd figured out about resizing the panel, and there is a little "F" button (at least I think that's what it says <grin>) in the top left corner that cycles between three different text sizes but I personally could do with another even large font option. Not that my eyesight is bad, but on a 4k monitor even the large size is a bit of a squint.

Much appreciate the response, thank you!

• Like 1