Good day all.

What parameters do I need to tweak in UI to change cloud colors. I cannot get rid of brown color. I use PTA. I have tried different presets, still same issue. Thanks

47982434172_09cb93aae0_h.jpg

Posted (edited)

First you must go back to your Original shaders.

It is not from EF.  Some Times i have this when i apply  a new presset  in pta. After i go Back to the original  shaders  it will be perfect. Some Times i must do this 2 Times to lose the Problem. 

The best way is restore  the original shaders

and a new Installation from pta. 

Edited by f.skywalker

Hi,

These are not Sky Force clouds model, they are default. Uninstall Sky force and reinstall newest version.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply. 

I have used the same preset from RD for years and I really love it! Right after I installed EF I started seeing such issues. I am not blaming on EF, but EF cases incompatibility with custom shaders. If I revert to default P3D shaders then everything looks washed out, so I have to use presets. If I use the preset I have used for a long time I see brown clouds or brown horizon again. If I change to another popular preset then I see normal clouds colors but airport apron, taxiway etc are super bright, almost white and the airplane color is the same as apron, barely visible. If I use another popular preset (the third one) then I see normal apron and taxiways color but my VC is very bad now. If I  remove EF completely and use preset I want then everything looks back normal. So I am trying to figure out the trade off. Either having EF with all its fancy features and keep fighting with all kind of strange colors etc, or just use Skyforce and forget about EF.  It has been almost a month since I have been trying to use EF along with other presets. So far no luck. 

Thanks 

Edited by speedbird144

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Alex Kane said:

Hi,

These are not Sky Force clouds model, they are default. Uninstall Sky force and reinstall newest version.

I have Skyforce technical update 2.2 Build 5.0.2019.0514. It says the software is up to date. Do I have to reinstall it again? I use AS for P3D, SF, EF and PTA. I do not run SF when I fly, only EF. I wonder why SF clouds revert back to default time after time? Also, is there a way to confirm I am seeing default clouds and not SF clouds other than visually? 

Edited by speedbird144

13 hours ago, speedbird144 said:

I have Skyforce technical update 2.2 Build 5.0.2019.0514. It says the software is up to date. Do I have to reinstall it again? I use AS for P3D, SF, EF and PTA. I do not run SF when I fly, only EF. I wonder why SF clouds revert back to default time after time? Also, is there a way to confirm I am seeing default clouds and not SF clouds other than visually? 

Try to use PTA only for VC. I do not believe in several shader soft ware playing in same field (I am former PTA fan).

How can I do that? 

Last time Federico from REX was making some adjustments to my settings. 

Thanks 

Are you using the latest preset from RD? 

Posted (edited)

v 1.8. As far as I can see in their website this is the latest one.  

I tried few other presets and I noticed brown horizon and brown cirrus clouds again (at lease it looked like cirrus clouds). CBs were still white.  

Edited by speedbird144

Can you post the preset here so I can try?

Please only send the one that you have tested with as their most recent.

41 minutes ago, timest999 said:

Please only send the one that you have tested with as their most recent.

Attached. Thanks 

RDv1.8.ini

@speedbird144 is this with auto mode or manual mode ? Or both? Thanks 

If in the in-sim menu you click on reset clouds or reset to Manuf settings. Do you see getting back to normal? 

16 minutes ago, fs1 said:

If in the in-sim menu you click on reset clouds or reset to Manuf settings. Do you see getting back to normal? 

Can you give me a hint where is that option? 

Reset Manufacturing Settings is near the very top of the in-sim EF mini-UI.

Ok, just tested with the preset you posted above. Here is the result:

2019-6-3_20-5-6-119.jpg

2 hours ago, fs1 said:

Same problem

Posted (edited)

Here is mine:

47998130398_8c69dbe9bb_b.jpg

I don't know what else I can do. Never happened before. I stared seeing this issues after I started messing around with SF and EF. 

Edited by speedbird144

I have uninstalled EF, removed all REX files and registry entries. Reinstalled P3D client and I still have those damned brown clouds with PTA presets. I am getting puzzled why I cannot get rid of it. I wish I would never installed SF and EF. P3D was good and now it looks like crap...

13 minutes ago, speedbird144 said:

I wish I would never installed SF and EF. P3D was good and now it looks like crap...

I just showed you what SF, EF and your PTA preset looked like together... I understand your frustration, however it's not fair that you blame either the 3. Something is corrupt in your shaders obviously, and it wasn't rectified by any means you have taken.

What version number is your Prepar3D exactly? I will send you a complete new shader folder.

I know many people are very happy with both products. Since the day I have installed both of this products my battle began. I am not saying EF and SF are bad or good, I am just saying that my sim does not look like it was before. I know there is something is sitting so deep in my sim now which causing these issues and I cannot figure out what. Before I started to show my frustration I read other simmers concerns. Several of them warned other simmers that EF installs some kind of files so deep that it will be extremely difficult to get rid off and revert back to what it was before with any addons and any kind of 3rd party shaders. I am not a programmer and I am not questioning the quality of products. But like I said I never had such issues before I installed SF and EF.  

I have 4.5.12.30293 which includes the latest fix.