Sign in to follow this  
Britjet1

CLOSED Hard Weather Reloads

On 5/21/2019 at 5:53 PM, timest999 said:

Instant, you mean BAM! or smoothed in over time?

I’m just using EF, SF and P3D and I am getting regular “blams”. 

I’m flying jet speeds at jet altitudes, mainly over densely-populated areas. Skies which are partly cloudy change instantly to full overcast or vice versa.

I rarely see weather smoothing - cloud structures either pop up in seconds where there previously weren’t any, or I get a “blam” - everything changes instantly.

Britjet

Edited by Britjet1

@Britjet1 do you see the in-sim mini-UI inflight?

Also, are you using AUTOMATION mode of EF?

Thanks for the reply.

I’m not absolutely sure about the mini-UI - it was certainly there at the start of the flight, and this was Automation ON.

For example I just made a flight into Cancun MMUN which had heavy thunderstorm presence - in Automatic - and a large thunderstorm literally popped into being just 20 miles ahead.

I really like what you guys are doing with the atmospheric modelling of SF and the dynamics of EF - but I am finding it difficult to be convinced when this sort of thing happens. I remain optimistic..If I get a similar event I will check the mini-UI.

Britjet

Further to my last - inbound to Innsbruck this time, forecast heavy rain. At 10,000ft the whole of the mountain valley and airfield clearly visible, just hazy and blue sky. Then at about 20 miles to go things suddenly changed to cloud and heavy rain. In a second. Automatic mode with the mini-UI visible.

Britjet.

Hi Britjet, 

Please try EF and SF again. We made some major changes to our weather database server-side, and you should see a great improvement here.

I await your report(s).

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?

Sign in to follow this