Sign in to follow this  
tel6331

CLOSED Huge difference in FPS once loaded

Before purchasing Environment force, I used Active Sky and Tomato Shade. I found the sweet spot regarding performance with that and would get around 40+fps in any airport. An example would be KSFO with 50 fps. However, after removing Tomato Shade and purchasing Environment Force in conjunction with Active Sky, FPS there has decreased to 25. This performance figure is after i have decreased many sliders within the sim as well as changing resolution from 4096x4096 to 2048x2048. I also seem to have major spikes in the air as well, lets say, around FL 350 in the middle of nowhere, I would be getting around 20fps. What could be causing this? Or is this normal?

Edited by tel6331

Hi @tel6331 please forgive me for not responding to you sooner. I wasn't informed that your original thread here was updated with your signature details. I have since verified your account. 

In regards to your issue, please advise the version number of EF installed.

Thank you.

Hi @timest999. Thank you for responding, I have currently updated to the newer version 5.0.2019.0625. This seems to have an even worse affect on my system too.

You need to be able to compare baselines FPS behaviors. For example, load a fair weather and compare.

Thanks 

I wonder why you always say that.... If one could fly hundreds of flights without problems in overcast and suddenly the fps is 20 fps less in same condtions it simply makes no sense to compare fair weather.... If your apps dont do anything its a bit weird to compare in those states, isnt it. Just want to understand you background here.

I (and many others) have reported same. 

37 minutes ago, SaenchaySor said:

I wonder why you always say that.... If one could fly hundreds of flights without problems in overcast and suddenly the fps is 20 fps less in same condtions it simply makes no sense to compare fair weather.... If your apps dont do anything its a bit weird to compare in those states, isnt it. Just want to understand you background here.

I (and many others) have reported same. 

Yes it does - we can judge performance as saw the images in your previous post and the clouds are really all over your scene (this will impact fps with EF or PTA and/or any other of the texture addons you may have installed). Overcast situations will impact your FPS.

Also, this is FPS loss is on the ground or at flight level?

What is your 3D cloud size reading in your in-sim menu when you report this? Are you using cirrus overcast? How many clouds layers do you have?

I can try to help but I need more info here.

Sign in to follow this