Have to say that the latest Hotfix has done wonders. EF is a beautiful enhancement to the sim and I am looking forward to what future updates might add.

After using EF solely with the stock shaders, I now added Envshade again to the mix for one main reason. With only Environment Force, the clouds tend to be a bit to gray. This probably depends a lot on the current weather but even on a bright sunny day with only a few scattered clouds, they are a bit to gray. Maybe the cloud colors could be tweaked a bit in the future.

The following screenshot was done with EF and Envshade and illustrates what I am aiming for. It would be great to get more whiteish clouds with just EF.

Keep up the great work guys and thanks for all your support efforts.

2019-5-25_12-38-27-512.jpg

Hi Christoph, 

We are giving control for this in our next upcoming build.

• Like 1

Hi Tim,

Thank you. Sounds great and EF is getting better and better.

Will the cloud color be a one-time selection that will be taken into account by EF in the automatic mode?

Posted (edited)

DO i miss something? YOu can change that already now. In AUtomode there is Cloud Saturation. Just increase that or lower it to your liking.

The last 2 are from evening so they are a bit darker. But you get them fully white on daytime.

unknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by SaenchaySor

On 5/28/2019 at 1:28 AM, SaenchaySor said:

DO i miss something? YOu can change that already now. In AUtomode there is Cloud Saturation. Just increase that or lower it to your liking.

The last 2 are from evening so they are a bit darker. But you get them fully white on daytime.

Can only speak for myself here, but I prefer an out-of-the-box solution without tweaking. When using auto mode I just want to run EF and forget about it. That is why I also changed from PTA to Envshade. Simply too much to tweak and to less time to fly. But this only relates to auto mode. I understand that many users love the abilities to tweak and play around with the sliders in manual mode.

But your settings do indeed look very good. Maybe you can share your settings with Frank and me? Would love to try them out.

Posted (edited)

Maybe its TOmatoshade that has the influence here. Because i mostly use automode, and let the saturation on either around 1.0 on daytime or around 0.4 for evening, to make the clouds not that colored. Usually they are perfeclty white for me on daytime. I posted like 400 pics in the screenshot contest channel, you can see it there too

Edited by SaenchaySor

That makes sense, SaenchaySor. Thanks for the numbers. I will try to play a bit with them until this is fixed in the next release.

BTW You have posted some very nice shots for the competition.