Sign in to follow this  
galeair

RESOLVED 3D version of the Wx radar

Hi guys, 

It says on your website that a 3D version is freely available for developers. Well I am just a hunble customer who has paid for the 2D version, who would like to add a 3D version to one of my aircraft. Can I download a 3D version please? 

Please advise where you saw a free 3D version?  The API for 3rd party developers is free.

Well your own website: http://www.rexsimulations.com/radar.html states "The 3D version of the WX Advantage Radar is freely available to all 3rd-party developers who wish to integrate the gauge within their aircraft."

The same website page is misleading in that it shows 11 screenshots of the weather radar gauge in a VC cockpit and only two showing the gauge in 2d format. The implication is that you can have a gauge in either a VC cockpit format or as a 2d one.

I'm not asking for a free version. I have paid for the gauge, I would just like the option to install it in my VC cockpit. Active sky provides a free 3d gauge with their weather system, so you are potentially missing out by not allowing people to install the 3d version.

On 5/24/2019 at 6:19 AM, galeair said:

I would just like the option to install it in my VC cockpit. Active sky provides a free 3d gauge with their weather system, so you are potentially missing out by not allowing people to install the 3d version.

It's not that we don't allow that, it's up to the developer of the aircraft to implement this into their coded VC.

This item has been resolved.