Sign in to follow this  
jbolague

RESOLVED Environment Force Alternatives/Roles

Hi,

I still have problems to understand totally how SF works along with EF and when EF is working alone.

I can see EF shows the option >enable real-time weather data read< so, if you do not open SF  What happen now? What weather do I have?
Additionally you can see information in the In Sim weather conditions and the weather station.
Am I experimenting real weather? 

Finally, turning on EF alone, What happen with P3D weather menu/themes?
How is EF working a what is EF doing?

Thanks

Julio 

Please keep in mind that both SF and EF utilize cloud weather database system. This is vital part of the system. Both programs connect to the same source via Internet to get data. It is essentially the same database, so it makes no difference if SF or EF queries it.

With SF, on your local computer you have installed sets of textures and models. When SF is selected in EF configuration, EF knows where to find the proper files, even if SF is not started. EF is able on its own to get weather data and select proper files from SF installation folders.

In auto mode internal EF "logic" reads current weather, decides how the visual parameters should be adjusted based on this weather and selects appropriate cloud textures/models from SF directories.

With EF alone (no weather engine used) it depends if you enable "real-time weather read" or not. If it is enabled, EF will adjust based on cloud data (essentially near real time weather in given place). If disabled, it will read artificial METAR from the sim and adjust based on that. Every static weather theme will build some internal metar data. It is quite limited vs. real ICAO metar but will still work with some limitations (it lacks all remarks for example).

HTH

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jarek said:

Please keep in mind that both SF and EF utilize cloud weather database system. This is vital part of the system. Both programs connect to the same source via Internet to get data. It is essentially the same database, so it makes no difference if SF or EF queries it.

With SF, on your local computer you have installed sets of textures and models. When SF is selected in EF configuration, EF knows where to find the proper files, even if SF is not started. EF is able on its own to get weather data and select proper files from SF installation folders.

In auto mode internal EF "logic" reads current weather, decides how the visual parameters should be adjusted based on this weather and selects appropriate cloud textures/models from SF directories.

With EF alone (no weather engine used) it depends if you enable "real-time weather read" or not. If it is enabled, EF will adjust based on cloud data (essentially near real time weather in given place). If disabled, it will read artificial METAR from the sim and adjust based on that. Every static weather theme will build some internal metar data. It is quite limited vs. real ICAO metar but will still work with some limitations (it lacks all remarks for example).

HTH

Hi,

My understanding is a little bit better. Thanks.

But once again...

1. What about if you select in P3D in weather themes [CLEAR SKIES], no SF, and EF real-time weather data read "on" while local weather is rainy? 
    What is the final result? 
    Rainy or clear skies? 
  2. And, if you select under same conditions P3D themes [REX Weather Sync] SF off and, EF "on"
    What happen now?

Julio

1. EF is not a Weather Engine. Final result is Clear Skies with darkened environment.

2. REX Weather Sync is just a name in the sim. Means nothing unless SF is started. EF does not inject weather, it only uses it to adjust scene in the sim.

• Like 2

Does the texture sync function in EF pick also from different cloud sets according to the weather like it does with the scy textures? Or does it the same as SF does, using the installed cloud set and just adjustes structures? Reason I am asking is I would like to use ENVTEX sky textures. So I hope that, if I disable automatic texture sync in EF and run SF, I still get structure matching with the SF function and keep the ENVTEX sky textures. I would sacrifice ENVTEX if EF automatic texture sync does pick different cloud texture sets. I understand that it already has the structur function from SF integrated.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Jarek said:

1. EF is not a Weather Engine. Final result is Clear Skies with darkened environment.

2. REX Weather Sync is just a name in the sim. Means nothing unless SF is started. EF does not inject weather, it only uses it to adjust scene in the sim.

HTH,

Thanks for the information. Now it is time to experiment features on both products.

J

Edited by jbolague
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this