GEK_the_Reaper

RESOLVED Enable scene lighting (Waiting / Running)

Dear REX, Federico ( @fs1 ),

there are multiple posts regarding the status "Waiting" for "Scene lighting". Your (and others) answers were: Lighting changes with weather. If there is no change in weather, that status will show Waiting! 

While I do find the answer logic, I still have problems with it!

You see, ALL options in the GUI do change based on real-time weather (it is written in the brief description under each option). So why on earth would you show the status "waiting / running" in real time only for the scene lighting option??? 😲 Does EF constantly change "Water control" for example, or the "texture sync", or..... Does my Q make any sense guys?

Since things related to lights (bright nights, bright cockpit, etc...) were amongst those features beeing constantly discussed / reported as not working / troublesome, you guys choose to monitor only the status for the Scene lighting? I ask this because that is the only thing that constantly switches between Waiting and Running

My sugestion to you guys is to change this ASAP in the GUI. If a feature is active and running then please either leave it to Running or please monitor all other options in real time so that those also switch from Waiting to Running.

BR,

Gerald  

Gerald thanks for the feedback. Let me check with @rstough and get back to you. Regards, Federico

*Update to above post*

Been looking at the GUI more closely:

~10min into the sim the "Scene lighting" alway changes from Running to Waiting

~ 25min into the sim the "Watter control" always changes from Running to Waiting

All other options remain constantly on Running.

My aircraft sits on the ground about 45Min (time for all the preparations ATSU/Catering/Fueling/Boarding/... ). ASP4 is set to inject weather every 10 min (so I get new readings 4 times on the ground) and it is often the case that something like QNH, Wind, Temperature does change within this time. During all this ground time neither Light no Watter will switch back to Running after they switch to Waiting (so lights will stay at least 30min on Waiting and watter at least 20min).

My flight routes do not exceed 2h (I do have a life ;) ) and during this time both Light and Watter will eventually switch back to Running (can't tell exactly when).

To conclude: If I have to trust those Status displays, I would say that EF has an issue (because IMHO all variables, especially the Lights, would have to change constantly...).

Changes to lighting and water are based upon weather conditions.  If the conditions do not change as much over time then the settings will go on a sort of pause mode as to not make changes for the sake of making changes.  You will notice more changes as you fly in and out of weather systems.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:36 AM, rstough said:

Changes to lighting and water are based upon weather conditions.  If the conditions do not change as much over time then the settings will go on a sort of pause mode as to not make changes for the sake of making changes.  You will notice more changes as you fly in and out of weather systems.

Dear Reed,

I'm aware of that but ALL other parameters also change based to weather conditions. Now from all the other parameters, only these two change their status. Why?

To add to what Reed stated above, I think we just need to discuss a change to the feedback of the processes that are engaged.