Hi

after installing the last REX Environment Force update, shadows disappeared from the clouds

13.png

12.png

Are you using any other shader addons?

hello ... I had your same problem (I had ENVSHADE). you have to change the Shaders using PTA or TOMATO ... or the default Shaders

Does it mean there is no possibility to have cloud shadows and envshade present at the same time?
I have this issue as well, ENVSHADE + EF + AS. Prepar3dV4.5 + HF.

Regards

Marek Mysior

I did some tests last night ... unfortunately with the Shaders generated by ENVSHADE, there are no cloud shadows on the ground. With other shaders there are. At first I thought it was an EF problem, but then, trying, I can be sure that it is ENVSHADE that doesn't work even though I have the updated program

• Like 1

Same conclusion here. When I installed ENVSHADE the cloudshadows disappear. If you have a problem to get them back just uninstall p3d client and content. Reinstall and the shadows are back to normal.

7 hours ago, ciccio74 said:

I did some tests last night ... unfortunately with the Shaders generated by ENVSHADE, there are no cloud shadows on the ground. With other shaders there are. At first I thought it was an EF problem, but then, trying, I can be sure that it is ENVSHADE that doesn't work even though I have the updated program

Can you please zip and send me a copy of your ShadersHLSL folder ? Thanks 

Can someone with this problem send me a zipped copy of your ShadersHLSL folder ? Thanks 

Using Envshade, I can see the same here.

I sent you a PM with my ShadersHLSL. Let me know if you need more.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I will check

I'm very disappointed. REX claimed EF is compatible with other shader addons. I finally bought the product and since I'm also using ENVSHADE, the first thing I noticed is that I lost the cloud shadows!

55 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

I'm very disappointed. REX claimed EF is compatible with other shader addons. I finally bought the product and since I'm also using ENVSHADE, the first thing I noticed is that I lost the cloud shadows!

I am investigating this.

Posted (edited)

Is this connected to that issue?
I had this before, than nothing, and now again (after activating weather smoothing)

P3D 4.5 HF1 + EF + AS + TomatoShade

1.png

That's without Smoothing enabled. (Restarted everything)

2.thumb.png.ea3fef7ef0723cb2ee9cedff2ec6fb46.png

@fs1 I can send you everything you want but I have no PN Menu 😮

Edited by fresH229

No, it isnt. Can you open another thread any issue? Thanks

1 hour ago, 0Artur0 said:

Bug identfied and being fixed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have the same Problem. No Cloud Shadows with EF and ENVSHADE.
Where is the bug and how can i fixed them?

ENVSHADE has a cloud shadow tweak, which collides with EF. A fix is coming, but a workaround is to untick the shadow tweak in ENVSAHDE as is is redundant and EF works very well with its tweak.

• Thanks 1

To get the repaired Shader HLSL folder there is a quick fix. Delete the shaders folder in P3D. (Back up as always). Close P3D. Go to control panel install/remove. Select P3D client. Right click and you will see a repair option. Select this. Once completed, restart P3D. Shader folder will be there without errors. This is very helpful if shaders in PTA or Tomato get messed up. 

Regards,

Keith Giannoni

20 hours ago, fs1 said:

ENVSHADE has a cloud shadow tweak, which collides with EF. A fix is coming, but a workaround is to untick the shadow tweak in ENVSAHDE as is is redundant and EF works very well with its tweak.

Can you be more specific, what the shadow tweak feature in Envshade is? I never saw this and therefore I can't untick anything.

Envshade.jpg

This is what TOGA folks are saying 

"Hello vasily,

Sorry for the late answer, as you probably saw we met some important CTD issues with a few number of users and we had to put this on top of our priority list.

As for REX EF, it is supposed to work properly with Envshade as it is advertised to be compatible. Envshade works as it should with REX EF which is working differently (on top of the layer we're working on). If some issues appears when using Envshade + REX EF I suspect something is conflicting. 
What is conflicting is the question but for now we did not have the time to investigate, we'd be happy to work with REX to find what's going wrong between both our products."

The bug is supposed to be identified and being fixed.

24 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

The bug is supposed to be identified and being fixed.

How is fixing it? REX or TOGA? 

13 minutes ago, Vasily said:

How is fixing it? REX or TOGA? 

Well, REX, look at a few posts up.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2019 at 10:41 AM, Dreamliner said:

Can you be more specific, what the shadow tweak feature in Envshade is? I never saw this and therefore I can't untick anything.

Envshade.jpg

Any answer regarding my question, what to untick? I would like to use EF as I purchased it for using it, not for owning it...;-)