Sign in to follow this  
Bmack34

RESOLVED Unable to turn off HDR

Greetings,

After updating to the latest version, I am unable to turn off HDR. When I select HDR off, nothing happens with the latest update. 

3 minutes ago, Bmack34 said:

Greetings,

After updating to the latest version, I am unable to turn off HDR. When I select HDR off, nothing happens with the latest update. 

This is normal behavior. If you have not tweaked the EF HDR, EF HDR off equals default P3D HDR.

I'd like to add, that HDR is still always on, when I completely shut down EF, no matter if it was turned off before.(What is save the last setting for?)

We had this dicussion before, why is it always that way? I do not like to have the light adaption of HDR and to get rid of this, I use Envshade, wich gives me a perfect VC light. But again, this is always overwritten by EF. Could you finally please take care of that, otherwise EF going to the bin for good.

Thank you!

The best option here is to give possibility to:

• turn off EF HDR (so P3D / PTA takes control over it). This worked fine in previous build, so you had all these dynamically morphing clouds but also had visuals provided by PTA.
  • choose if EF can override P3D / PTA HDR or not.

I think EF is a great tool, but we need some time to get a perfect version of it. Let's give developers some time to polish it, I think it's worth waiting a bit for it :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dreamliner said:

I'd like to add, that HDR is still always on, when I completely shut down EF, no matter if it was turned off before.(What is save the last setting for?)

We had this dicussion before, why is it always that way? I do not like to have the light adaption of HDR and to get rid of this, I use Envshade, wich gives me a perfect VC light. But again, this is always overwritten by EF. Could you finally please take care of that, otherwise EF going to the bin for good.

Thank you!

Agreed. I use ENVshade and before this update, I’D turn off EF HdR and the screen would go black and HdR would be off. Now it stays on no matter if I turn it off or not. 

45 minutes ago, Bmack34 said:

Agreed. I use ENVshade and before this update, I’D turn off EF HdR and the screen would go black and HdR would be off. Now it stays on no matter if I turn it off or not. 

The HDR OFF and ON, will have the same outcome if you do not have any EF HDR tweaks, is a normal behavior.

7 hours ago, Dreamliner said:

Thank you!

We will take a look at the HDR flow. Can I access your PC and explain? thanks, Federico

We are testing a new build @Bmack34 where you will find a fix for this.

I appreciate the support. Thank you

Sign in to follow this