GEK_the_Reaper

RESOLVED Is there a starting order requiered?

Dear REX Team ( @fs1 ),

there are certain rumors (or discussions) where a certain starting order is necesary to use your products. I'm particulary interested in EF with ASP4 and P3D: do we have to start these three apps in e certain order?

Thank you.

BR,

Gerald

Is it ok this order: REX EF, REX SF, AS2016 (plus ASCA connected with Global dynamics set) and finally P3D4?

Thank you

Luca

@SaenchaySor @lucagigli I have tested all possible scenarios and did not find anything that would conclude to a requiered starting order.

This "starting order" dylemma seams to confuse a lot of users that's why I wanted to get a clear plain answer from REX.

Therefore my Q again towards the DEV: If we look at the trio EF + ASP4 + P3D is a starting order mandatory or just psyhologically?

Some add-ons (including EF) modify sim config files. So what is important here to have them started [before] P3D. This is only requirement without any special order requirement for particular add-ons.

Edited by Jarek

The order you start applications should not be altering the final outcome.

If any issues, please report back.

Federico

• Like 1

well, there were quite a few ppl where it wouldnt connect if EF wasnt startet first. Thats why i mentioned it. If that isnt the case anymore just ignore what i said

2 hours ago, SaenchaySor said:

well, there were quite a few ppl where it wouldnt connect if EF wasnt startet first. Thats why i mentioned it. If that isnt the case anymore just ignore what i said

No problem mate this is why I started this thread to get a plain and quick answer.

I also read about some having difficulties that the weather was not injecting quick enough but I do think all those have other installation issues not related to EF.

11 hours ago, SaenchaySor said:

Just report back if you have any issues with the order 

Hi,

EF should always be fully started PRIOR to opening the simulator. 

@fs1 , @timest999 just reported back. 😲

Now this is why everybody is so confused about settings, starting order, function....

Is this now a MUST or a small issue with EF?

4 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@fs1 , @timest999 just reported back. 😲

Now this is why everybody is so confused about settings, starting order, function....

Is this now a MUST or a small issue with EF?

He most likely meant to say "The order you start applications outside of EF and Prepar3D should not be altering the final outcome."

OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Environment Force must be FULLY be started before Prepar3D is opened. Also, Prepar3D should be FULLY closed before Environment Force is closed.

1 hour ago, timest999 said:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Environment Force must be FULLY be started before Prepar3D is opened. Also, Prepar3D should be FULLY closed before Environment Force is closed.

Thank you!

This information should be pinned / inserted in the manual (if not already present) / inserted in a FAQ.

BR,

Gerald

Is it right if you do not start NF it does not affect the P3D or has something disabled if you do not want to use EF.?

Frank

Edited by f.skywalker

9 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Thank you!

This information should be pinned / inserted in the manual (if not already present) / inserted in a FAQ.

BR,

Gerald

Page 16 of the EF manual:

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must always run Environment Force first before starting the flight simulator.

I will now change that text in the manual to my above text so it's extremely clear. We will include in the next update.

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've asked it because I've read somewhere in the past that Sky Force 3D must be launched before Active sky :)

Luca

I can attest to the importance of running EF before P3D.

I've just spent an embarrassingly long amount of time today trying to troubleshoot why starting a new flight or loading a saved one would result in my P3D hanging. 

I'd taken Federico's comment in this thread to mean it would be safe to launch EF via FSUIPC's "run" facility.... suffice it to say it's not safe.

I've now reverted to running EF from a batch file (which also launches P3D after a delay) and I'm finally flying again.

Edited by paj
  • Like 1