Stevecoop

CLOSED Latest update some improvement some old problems

After the latest update  FPS  and Bloom seems improved , thank you.

But I still cannot use Auto mode when reloading a saved flight.

At FL340  indicated airspeed is showing 506 kts with the Overspeed alarm sounding. If I then go to manual mode all is ok with Ind. airspeed  showing 286 kts Mach .804.

When in Manual mode if I go into Texture Synchronization and try to change to a Soft Clouds set Env. Force crashes to desktop. Changing to non Soft Clouds set no problem no CTD. This never happened before update.

I use Texture Direct with Soft Clouds.

Regards

Steve Cooper

Hi Steve,

Both of these are known and reported issues. We are looking into them. This airspeed issue is definitely a tricky one to track down but our devs are looking at it.

The TD w/SC issue was present from the beginning and not brought on by the update.

I believe I have solved the Overspeed problem when starting a saved flight.

If I turn off the Enable weather smoothing all is OK.😊 I can even turn it back on after a few mins without a problem.

I use FSGRW as my weather engine and suspect it is to do with something it is doing at the start of a flight ?

I much prefer to use Auto mode so the other issues in Manual mode don't bother me now I can use Auto mode.

Best Regards

6 hours ago, Stevecoop said:

I believe I have solved the Overspeed problem when starting a saved flight.

If I turn off the Enable weather smoothing all is OK.😊 I can even turn it back on after a few mins without a problem.

Interesting. I will pass this not along, thank you for reporting that.

6 hours ago, Stevecoop said:

I use FSGRW as my weather engine and suspect it is to do with something it is doing at the start of a flight ?

I can't be for certain. But I will pass the info along.

Also, once we figure out what's causing the crash of the soft clouds sets then we'll issue an update. Thanks again Steve!