marcus.pohlmann

RESOLVED Suddenly cloud scaling up and down with REX EF

Using REX EF  in automode with AS I saw that after a couple of minutes all clouds scale up and down every few seconds.

I use the automode and everything activated. It happens with REX sf3d and 3party clouds . Turning off smoothing doesnt help .

The behavior happens quick. Like all clouds increase x% in a splitsecond and 1 or 2 seconds later the decrease to the volume they had before increasing. Note: ALL of them increase exact the same scale/volume and decreasing also. This goes as long till I reset automode.  It than returns again after some time (couple of minutes).  Need some advice.  Uninstalling and installing again did not help. Even uninstalled and reinstalled p3d client and content. Incl. Deleting shaders foder and renewal p3d.cfg......newest updates REX ef rexsf3d and p3d v4.5 hf i nstalled. 8700k 2080ti with and without vr. 

How can you replicate this? what weather engine are you using? Federico

Active Sky latest beta 7070.. it only happens with REX EF installed. Without REX EF (Means uninstalled), no problems ocure. 

Hi Marcus,

It seems that you are using another shader tool such as PTA or Tomato. This is a known issue with some setting(s), so I suggest you return your shaders to default to get rid of this issue, then tweak from there.

Posted (edited)

I also have this problem - just occasionally. I don’t use any shader programs.

Edit: I think I found the problem here - if a preset has been loaded in manual mode with a change in cloud size, and then the system changed back to Auto mode - there seems to be a situation where the clouds pulse between the auto mode setting and the manual setting. 

Britjet

Edited by Britjet1
Reason found

Also please make sure that you have the Weather Smoothing Timer within EF set to 5 minutes or higher.

As the other two guys have said this is not about weather smoothing (I have setting 5 on that).

The clouds (all of them) change size slightly back and forth every couple of seconds. They basically pulsate. It only happens when you change to MAN mode, then go back to AUTO. It’s as if the system is fighting itself.

I cannot replicate this on 2 separate systems here. 

We have not verified this happening as of yet with only EF installed. Reverting your shaders to default then running EF will fix this.

Just done 4 hrs of flying and confirm same problem

AS4 7070, default shaders, SF models and textures

The 3D cloud size was pulsing +10 - 10. So s an example, 1st it would be 0.64, 5 seconds later it would drop to 0.54 but then immediately return to 0.64 1 second later. 

Ok guys, 

Please try a flight without AS4 in the mix and report back. Also I need to know if this was in EF auto or manual mode.

I’m already running it without AS4 or ASCA. This was in AUTO mode..

20 hours ago, timest999 said:

Ok guys, 

Please try a flight without AS4 in the mix and report back. Also I need to know if this was in EF auto or manual mode.

Auto mode.

Thanks guys!

I think we may have found the culprit. We will include the fix in the next update.

Glad to hesr. Thanks for your feedback. Your support is great business and gives a lot of credits to you. Knew rhis product is getting better and better. Nice work. 

• Like 1