Is it possible that enviroment force does not work with virtual reality? For Simming I only use VR and now since I installed EF, my Oculus Rift is not working anymore with Flyinside-FSX.

I also tried to activate the P3D VR mode, but I cant find the option in the menu either.

I bought this Software, because it says right at the homepage "works with every addon", which is right now not the case for me.

I just had to deinstall the EF to get my Sim working again like I am used to.

Questions:

- Did I do something wrong, or is VR currently not supported (with flyinside)? 

- When no, will it be supported in the future?

Hi, 

I do not run VR so I cannot test. I will ask someone on our team if they are running VR and get back to you. It's the weekend, so I will report back when I hear back.

A member of our team is in touch with Dan at Flyinside and we will report back here.

This is good news..hopefully you find the reason.

I checked again last week if it might work with vanilla VR, which it does, but unfortunatly vanilla VR has too many short comings for me. This means currently for me that I have to choose Flyinside over EF, but I hope you get it sorted out and I can enjoy both together

We expect to hear something back in the next couple days, thanks for hanging in.

Posted (edited)

21 days later .... still no news?

Dave.

Edited by dave belsey
passage of time

On 6/16/2019 at 12:01 AM, dave belsey said:

21 days later .... still no news?

Dave.

Well, our main developer contacted Dan and we haven't heard anything back from him. We would love to be able to work closely with him on this.

Posted (edited)

I think that Dan has always stated that FlyInside doesn’t work with HDR on. Personally I gave up with FlyInside, and now use native VR. 

The performance is better with native and I don’t suffer from the continuous CTDs I got with every version of FlyInside. 

The one thing I miss is the in game interface which was fantastic in FI (especially being able to easily import windows). However, this is far outweighed by the extra performance, stability and being able to use HDR and Ezdok for head movement effects. 

Edited by NeilC

Well, our main developer contacted Dan and we haven't heard anything back from him

Unfortunately, their customer service does not match the quality of their software.  Even worse since they started developing their own simulator.

The performance is better with native 

As usual YMMV and mine does - I found Flyinside to be far superior.

Dave.

We have heard back from Dan and they are communicating. We'll update once we know something concrete. 

@fs1 has been in communication with Dan, and awaiting Dan to test and report back.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

I don't believe so .... has Dan reported back then?

Dave.

We are still awaiting to hear back from the developer. 

This item has been marked as a fix item for the next patch.