Sign in to follow this  
Gregory Verba

RESOLVED Brightness/ Exposure changes on the same view

Hi guys,

I have annoying issue with REX EF. 

The brightness  is changing on the same view after viewing other panel and getting back.

On the first picture - the brightness/exposure is ok. 

After looking on overhead or cdu and getting back to the same view as before , it is too bright(second picture).

After watching from outside view and getting back again to cockpit, the brightness returning to initial level.

I noticed this happens with 2 aircrafts I checked : PMDG 737 and FSlabs a320.

2019-5-18_19-13-48-649.bmp 2019-5-18_19-12-54-782.bmp

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I have the same problem interestingly  enough, the only thing different is that I am not using EF.

I have SF and AS only running and have a fresh install of P3d V4.51, I noticed the same behaviour on changing from FMS or indeed any other view and then returning to the cockpit. An initial very bright outlook which returns over a matter of a few seconds to normal.

Could this be a P3D issue instead of EF or indeed SF ? As I say I dont even have EF installed, the only common is I am using the PMDG 747.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What P3D version are you using? What happen if you play with adaptation scale in the HDR? Thanks

Hello,

I share this exact issue in a traditional VC (ie: 747, 737, 777); this issue does not occur in a canopy style plane or where the windscreen is the majority of the cockpit.

Whilst looking outside and your screen being 'centered' on the windscreen, the brightness/exposure/bloom are appropriate for the environment. However, once you move your view to have a panel/LCD/CRT take up the majority of the display, it will slowly but exponentially start becoming extremely bright, as if EF is automatically adjusting your settings. The brightness will be restored once your view has been reentered on the windscreen.

The best way I can describe it without loading up my game is like when you are in a dark room, stare at a flashlight, then you open the blinds and start looking out a window. I am not sure if this is intentional; if it is, it is extremely overdone and unrealistic entirely. 

Regards 

I am using P3D v4.5 (without last hotfix) 4.5.11.29713

Reducing Adaptation Scalar from 3.0 (default) to ~2 seems to be improving it. 

Sorry for the confusion,

It will be bright for approximately 5-10 seconds then slowly reduce brightness appropriate to the environment. It is directly linked to looking at a panel/something inside the VC then looking outside; almost like your pupils dilating and contracting for the lighting environment, just extremely overdone.

Regards

Unfortunately not. It changes to bright and doesn't resume back when I return to initial view even if you wait a couple of minutes. 

Correct and welcome 

Plus 1 . Exactly the same in my case. Newest updates on P3D REX EF REX SF3D and PMDG. Outside the planes all ok. Bloom reduces quickly when playing with time preview switching between day and night quickly. But inside the cockpit exactly the same issues as stated. Uninstalling REX EF does not solve the problem. Using the proper install and uninstall method leaves also the REX EF Modul folder behind in the LM P3D Root folder. This is really getting annoying. What else may be left behind on my pc after uninstalling REX EF?  I saw rhat after installing REX EF agsain all my previous mini ui settings where back again? So there must be something more left behind after uninstalling. I would like to know how to proceed please. Regards Marcus 

3 minutes ago, marcus.pohlmann said:

Exactly the same in my case. Newest updates on P3D REX EF REX SF3D and PMDG. Outside the seems all ok. Bloom reduces quickly when playing with time preview switching between day and night quickly. But inside the cockpit exactly the same issues as stated. Uninstalling REX EF does not solve the problem. Using the proper install and uninstall method leaves also the REX EF Modul folder behind in the LM P3D Root folder. This is really getting annoying. What else may be left behind on my pc after uninstalling REX EF?  I saw rhat after installing REX EF agsain all my previous mini ui settings where back again? So there must be something more left behind after uninstalling. I would like to know how to proceed please. Regards Marcus 

Regarding the lighting adaption you need to play with the adaptation scalar.

For the uninstall please open a ticket.

Please let me know if any other issues. Please use a different post.

Thanks 

43 minutes ago, Gregory Verba said:

Actually it makes a huge difference for me. I am using chasepalne too

I tryed it too.  Didnt help. Using also chaseplane

22 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Regarding the lighting adaption you need to play with the adaptation scalar.

For the uninstall please open a ticket.

Please let me know if any other issues. Please use a different post.

Thanks 

I just played with it.  Doesnt help anything. Equal setting max or minimum values....Minimum value extreem bright and bloomy, maximum to dark.  But not stady.....it increases as i am looking to my overhead or efb in the pmdg 747 8. Slwoly increases....and when looking up it is extreem bright in and outside as long as i stay in the cockpit. As soon as i move my view outside the cocpit it reduces quit quickly. It is useless in this way. 

13 minutes ago, marcus.pohlmann said:

I just played with it.  Doesnt help anything. Equal setting max or minimum values....Minimum value extreem bright and bloomy, maximum to dark.  But not stady.....it increases as i am looking to my overhead or efb in the pmdg 747 8. Slwoly increases....and when looking up it is extreem bright in and outside as long as i stay in the cockpit. As soon as i move my view outside the cocpit it reduces quit quickly. It is useless in this way. 

What P3D version are you using?

1 minute ago, fs1 said:

V4.5 incl. Hf1. Had this problem also with previous 4.5 without hf and your previous build

Edited by marcus.pohlmann

18 minutes ago, fs1 said:

17 minutes ago, marcus.pohlmann said:

V4.5 incl. Hf1. Had this problem also with previous 4.5 without hf and your previous build

Yes,

Likewise; I've had this issue since the first release of 4.5 and EnvForce.

Does this happen with the HDR Off? Thanks

Not with HDR OFF in P3D Gui set to off. So if I set HDR in p3d off, everything is normal. With HDR in P3D on and in REX EF Minigui to on or off, it happens again. 

2 minutes ago, marcus.pohlmann said:

Not with HDR OFF in P3D Gui set to off. So if I set HDR in p3d off, everything is normal. With HDR in P3D on and in REX EF Minigui to on or off, it happens again. 

So it happens with P3D HDR ON and EF HDR Off - correct?

Are you using PTA or any shader programs?

2 minutes ago, fs1 said:

So it happens with P3D HDR ON and EF HDR Off - correct?

Are you using PTA or any shader programs?

With P3D HDR ON, and equal if REX EF HDR on or off. With original p3d shaders. Tested it also with pta, doesnt help anything. Same behavior. But i tested several times after uninstalling client and content and reinstalling tgem again. To be sure i had the original shaders. Deleted cfg., etc.....didnt help

Edited by marcus.pohlmann

1 minute ago, marcus.pohlmann said:

With P3D HDR ON, and equal if REX EF HDR on or off. 

Ok using any shaders?

Sign in to follow this