rwilko78

CLOSED "Turn Off HDR" function not working since Tech Update 1.1

Hello,

I've just installed Technical Update 1.1 and now the "Turn Off HDR" function in the Shaders menu is not working. The function value does change from On to Off when clicked but the visuals stay the same in P3D. The effect with EF HDR on still looks to bright and "bloomy" to me. In the previous version I was able to switch off HDR and the visuals noticebaly changed. Please can you advise?

Many thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rwilko78 said:

Hello,

I've just installed Technical Update 1.1 and now the "Turn Off HDR" function in the Shaders menu is not working. The function value does change from On to Off when clicked but the visuals stay the same in P3D. The effect with EF HDR on still looks to bright and "bloomy" to me. In the previous version I was able to switch off HDR and the visuals noticebaly changed. Please can you advise?

Many thanks

Well it just stays the same if you have t tweak anything. It just allows you to make additional changes in the HDR. Just turning the HDR on does not mean you will see instant changes, you  will see the changes if you start tweaking the HDR variables.

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

Well it just stays the same if you have t tweak anything. It just allows you to make additional changes in the HDR. Just turning the HDR on does not mean you will see instant changes, you  will see the changes if you start tweaking the HDR variables.

The issue is that EF loads with HDR switched on, which looks too bright with too much bloom in my sim. When I click "Turn Off HDR" the image stays the same, too bright with too much bloom. In the previous version when I clicked "Turn Off HDR" my sim returned to its standard display. Therefore "Turn Off HDR" is not turning off EF HDR anymore, hope this is clearer

Edited by rwilko78
typo correction

8 minutes ago, rwilko78 said:

The issue is that EF loads with HDR switched on, which looks too bright with too much bloom in my sim. When I click "Turn Off HDR" the image stays the same, too bright with too much bloom. In the previous version when I clicked "Turn Off HDR" my sim returned to its standard display. Therefore "Turn Off HDR" is not turning off EF HDR anymore, hope this is clearer

So you mean this is not an HDR problem, but a brightness issue. Just to let you know that turning HDR OFF in EF  just displays the sim standard display.

If you can post some images on EF off and On I appreciate it.

Since update 1.1 the bloom and Hdr is no longer an issue for me , I dont need to turn anything off or on , EF in auto and done 2 x flights today abs all is well .... hopefully sf update out soon as so I can re fly my ifly 737 .... 

• Like 1

For me the same . With 1.0 no Problem . HDR off , then i use my HDR Profile . Nice . But not in 1.1

No difference between on and off . I dont like the EF HDR Profile . 

But when u start the Sim with EF the EF HDR Profile is injected but it is not possible to switch it off with the Option HDR off in EF. 

Therefore  i have to live with it. 

REX please can u bring out an functional 1.1 , Thanks. 

I do again an uninstall of EF now . 

Waiting for Solutions. 

Michael 

P3Dv4.5 HF1 + PTA R&D Preset v1.8 (NO EF):

2019-5-18_16-22-50-96.thumb.png.82b0690da561066cbc83c6164b696ef6.png

P3Dv4.5 HF1 + PTA R&D Preset v1.8 + (EF 5.0.2019.0517):

Turning EF HDR off doesn't work now (no effect). I really prefer lighting as in the picture above. Previous build was OK for me, had no problems and had possibility to turn off REX HDR (so P3D + PTA HDR settings was used and sim looked like in the picture above even with EF running). It's too bright and looks "flat" now.

2019-5-18_15-56-51-849.thumb.png.acd15632f43e76eb5fe5f0d0bd7874a2.png

Edited by AdrianR
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, winstonwolf said:

For me the same . With 1.0 no Problem . HDR off , then i use my HDR Profile . Nice . But not in 1.1

No difference between on and off . I dont like the EF HDR Profile . 

But when u start the Sim with EF the EF HDR Profile is injected but it is not possible to switch it off with the Option HDR off in EF. 

Therefore  i have to live with it. 

REX please can u bring out an functional 1.1 , Thanks. 

I do again an uninstall of EF now . 

Waiting for Solutions. 

Michael 

The HDR EF ON does not make anything to your sim, if you dont have any tweaks in place.

Why dont you tweak yourself your HDR variables to fine tune your taste?

If it is too complex, just turn the HDR EF off - the default HDR will still be working.

I am here to help you @winstonwolf

9 minutes ago, AdrianR said:

P3Dv4.5 HF1 + PTA R&D Preset v1.8 (NO EF):

2019-5-18_16-22-50-96.thumb.png.82b0690da561066cbc83c6164b696ef6.png

P3Dv4.5 HF1 + PTA R&D Preset v1.8 + (EF 5.0.2019.0517):

Turning HDR off doesn't work now (no effect). I really prefer lighting as in the picture above. Previous build was OK for me, had no problems and had possibility to turn off REX HDR (so P3D + PTA HDR settings was used). It's too bright and looks "flat" now.

2019-5-18_15-56-51-849.thumb.png.acd15632f43e76eb5fe5f0d0bd7874a2.png

Can I PM you? thanks, Federico

1 minute ago, fs1 said:

Yes, of course! :) 

3 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Please share the update from this Federico because this is now what I'm experiencing with Tech Update 1.1, turning off HDR in EF doesn't work and my sim looks like second screenshot from @AdrianR

3 minutes ago, rwilko78 said:

Please share the update from this Federico because this is now what I'm experiencing with Tech Update 1.1, turning off HDR in EF doesn't work and my sim looks like second screenshot from @AdrianR

I am looking into this. Federico

I accessed @AdrianR . @rwilko78 you need to tweak your EF HDR to look as the PTA, just lower your Exposure Key and you will be just fine.

Federico

3 hours ago, asustech said:

Since update 1.1 the bloom and Hdr is no longer an issue for me , I dont need to turn anything off or on , EF in auto and done 2 x flights today abs all is well .... hopefully sf update out soon as so I can re fly my ifly 737 .... 

Same here. When I turn Hdr off, it goes off. When I turn it ON, it comes ON. I can see noticeable differences each time. Perhaps clearing shaders or restoring original P3dv4.5 shaders before applying shaders from other 3rd party. I use Envshade and Envtex with EF and have no problems.

Troy

1 hour ago, rwilko78 said:

Federico told me -  EF HDR takes control over PTA HDR (the same for water - EF water shader settings override PTA water ones). That's why we should play with EF exposure key values.

When you turn EF HDR just tweak the values to look as you wish. Mainly exposure key

• Thanks 1

This is why I prefer PTA settings over EF. I really love dynamic environment provided by EF, but I think I can't get the same visual effects using EF (would be nice to have possibility to set in EF the same values as in PTA/other tools to get base settings that would dynamically change depending on weather conditions).

EF:

2019-5-18_19-24-20-359.thumb.png.f6528b1633256f22cad6fdf367553d98.png

PTA (more "real-world feel"):

2019-5-18_19-30-56-295.thumb.png.e271d634bfc020edc2a9a56e256e9e61.png

Edited by AdrianR
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, AdrianR said:

May I asked which Preset you are using?

40 minutes ago, AdrianR said:

This is why I prefer PTA settings over EF. I really love dynamic environment provided by EF, but I think I can't get the same visual effects using EF (would be nice to have possibility to set in EF the same values as in PTA/other tools to get base settings that would dynamically change depending on weather conditions).

EF:

2019-5-18_19-24-20-359.thumb.png.f6528b1633256f22cad6fdf367553d98.png

PTA (more "real-world feel"):

You should play with EF. The PTA you posted image is saturated.

You have 4 Saturation Indexes in the in-sim menu for EF. In addition you have the HDR saturation tweaks.

In addition you should tweak the Rayleigh as the PTA image has a stronger effect than the EF one.

Everything you can do with PTA you can do with EF.

I suggest you study the manuals

• Thanks 1

The "Save last state" option is also without function.

I set up some things and pressed Save Variables but on P3D restart, everything is default again :(

2 minutes ago, fresH229 said:

The "Save last state" option is also without function.

I set up some things and pressed Save Variables but on P3D restart, everything is default again :(

Let me check this. Is the sim exiting normally?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Let me check this. Is the sim exiting normally?

Yep :)

If you go to Documents\REX 5\Environment Force\

Can you post here the xml files you have there ?

Thanks

Federico