Sign in to follow this  
FSRobert

RESOLVED Epic Update!

REX Environment Force - Technical Update 1.1  is BRILLIANT...

Thanks Guys  :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FSRobert said:

REX Environment Force - Technical Update 1.1  is BRILLIANT...

Thanks Guys  :)

Hi, what do you see the change is Epic?
I still have the problem of clouds that are not loaded by SF3D. I am waiting for the Hotfix to resolve this issue.
Honestly, I didn't notice anything compared to before. I'm talking about EF. If you can give me some guidelines, I'll do some tests myself.

thank you

For me, the update corrected my problems with over bearing bloom and water movement. The Shading is simply awesome for me   

Those were my only issues. 

I noticed the difference as soon as the sim started... put a smile on my face.  

I use SkyForce set in auto and Environment Force is set to auto 

both installed as stated in the manual 

• Like 2

I am still having issues and wouldn't call this update epic. Sometimes too bright. sometimes too dark. Flashes , issue with clouds shadows. 

8 minutes ago, FSRobert said:

For me, the update corrected my problems with over bearing bloom and water movement. The Shading is simply awesome for me   

Those were my only issues. 

I noticed the difference as soon as the sim started... put a smile on my face.  

I use SkyForce set in auto and Environment Force is set to auto 

both installed as stated in the manual 

hello and thank you so much for the answer.
I just uninstalled EF because, they look in the control panel, I didn't see the updates. Or rather, we talk about 1.1.3 but I was stuck at 1.1 despite my build being 0517. I don't know what's happening. Else. In the presentation of the update we talk about:
Added - Water wind to in-sim menu
Added - Cloud visibility to the in-sim menu
and more ... things I don't have in the Mini-UI for example ...
Look ... I'm really losing my mind ... LOL

Look ... this is the "clean" Preset of EF ... it's very satisfying ... I haven't touched absolutely anything and now I'm afraid to do it ... there is good lighting, the environment is great. I'm in Manual Mode ... now I do some tests

Twvo5xp.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ciccio74 said:

I haven't touched absolutely anything and now I'm afraid to do it

I hope your testing goes well. One thing I can tell you from my experiece in the last days is that you don't have to be afraid to brake anything. I lost count of the times I installed uninstalled and reverted back and forth between the EF builds to get my former complains fixed. I could always set up p3d and EF to where it was before.

I recommend 1.1.3 for the changes (first impression):
- FPS back to normal (as in 1.0, on 1.2 I lost some 8-14 frames with v4.5hf1)
- lighting is very realsitic in my opinion day and night (before the night was not what I think it should look like)
- clouds (1.0 had a beautyful/stunning effect when lit from behined but thats gone with the bloom correction) day and night
- save last state function implemented
- in sim HDR settings are honored

Edited by Rasterfahnder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have to say that I am pretty happy with the update. Federico and team have done a great job. 

What I have noticed is that the lighting seems to be optimized for the cockpit view. At first, I thought that the new update reduced the bloom too much. But after changing the view to the VC, I noticed a very convincing bloom level for the given weather situation. Moreover, the cockpit layout has at least on my setup some influence. With the glass canopy of the default F-22, the bloom is not very pronounced. But with the PMDG birds and the QW 787, I get a nice bloom effect without any adverse effect on the cockpit displays.

Thanks for the update, @fs1 , @timest999, and @rstough

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

I hope your testing goes well. One thing I can tell you from my experiece in the last days is that you don't have to be afraid to brake anything. I lost count of the times I installed uninstalled and reverted back and forth between the EF builds to get my former complains fixed. I could always set up p3d and EF to where it was before.

I recommend 1.1.3 for the changes (first impression):
- FPS back to normal (as in 1.0, on 1.2 I lost some 8-14 frames with v4.5hf1)
- lighting is very realsitic in my opinion day and night (before the night was not what I think it should look like)
- clouds (1.0 had a beautyful/stunning effect when lit from behined but thats gone with the bloom correction) day and night
- save last state function implemented
- in sim HDR settings are honored

just for a comparison ... do you see the sim more or less like this?

CnvCFni.jpg

3 hours ago, Gregory Verba said:

I am still having issues and wouldn't call this update epic. Sometimes too bright. sometimes too dark. Flashes , issue with clouds shadows. 

Can you post some screen shots? Happy to help 

just for a comparison ... do you see the sim more or less like this?

Hard to tell from a screen shot. Can you send day, time, location and weather info? Automode or manuel. Then I could have a look at the same spot if that helps. The water looks a bit like in some of my test in 1.1.2. But because of EFs dynamic nature hard to tell. From your screenshot I would guess you are in manuel mode for fog because of the visibility. Also I just got one flight in 1.1.3 and that was great.

Sign in to follow this