Sign in to follow this  
Crabby

RESOLVED P3D and Guitars, are we trying to do too much? Thanks REX

So I have been using EF since day one.  On day one and with the 1.0 fix, I had to turn off HDR in EF and everything worked fine.  Since 1.1 I don't have to turn anything off, just run in automode and let AS and EF do it's thing (EF of course doing it's thing plus the SkyForce thing).  I have looked at every thread and one common problem I see is that many are tying to use a shader program to tweak their P3D then using another shader program (EF) to tweak the tweaks in their shaders.  I see very little with regards to issues for folks that use P3D, AS, SF, and EF with no other shader system.  It reminded me of guitar players because I am one of those crazy people too.  We are always chasing tone whith guitars.  We buy new pickups beause Jimmy Hendrix or somone else used them, then we put in new pots and use certain cables and cable lenghths, round wound strings and flat round ones, nickel and stainless.  We put effects pedals in and constantly add/takeaway from them, then get up during a gig and go nuts because a battery ran out on the fuzz pedal and it's not true bypass so the wah is out of whack.  We adjust treble, base and mids on our amps, then on twenty different pedals and after all that we run the whole shebang through an equalizer to jigger with tone some more.  We spend more time fiddling with knobs than plucking strings.  Aren't we doing the same thing with our sim?

Simpler is almost always, in the end better.  I love EF, running it on auto.  I contemplated for about two months if I was going to get Tomatoe Shade or Envshade.  Now I know that I will not.  For me my sky view out of the cockpit is all that really matters.  I don't care if my livery is PBR or not because the only time I know I am using it is when I install it.   I don't care how he glint looks on my wing.  I started simming with BAO when everything was black with green lines.  

If there are any other guitar players out there who are trying to get that perfect ZZ Top tone for Jesus Left Chicago, remember, they recorded their guitars with a mic'ed 15 Watt Champ...lol you can't get any simpler than that.

Thanks REX for EF and making my simming simpler!

• Thanks 1

Hah, interesting analogy really... especially considering I am one of those 'musicians' as well. Gosh... I know this ALL too well!

Great read, cheers my friend!

Sign in to follow this