Jump to content
winstonwolf

CLOSED Need some clarifications about EF

Recommended Posts

Hello , 

I need some clarifications about EF  : 

1. Which impact has an active Tomato Profile in combination with REX Environment ? 
Some Settings from Tomato and also from EF have the same impact to P3D . For me it is a little bit strange that i can use Tomato together with EF. Especially  for what i still need Tomato when i use also REX EF ? What can EF not handle, what Tomato can ?  Which influence has an Tomato Profile to the EF Settings ?  What do I need to pay attention for ? 

2. Automatic Mode but still able to change Settings in Sim over Mini UI Window ? 
The easiest way to use EF is the Automatic Mode , ok . But why is it the possible to change many Settings in Sim over the Mini UI Window ? 

3. Clouds - EF and Skyforce ? 
Till now i think that Skyforce create the Cumulus and Cirrus Cloud bmps in the different Resolutions and install this bmps in the main texture Folder in P3D.  But what funktion has the Screen in EF where i can choose the differnet Cloud Types also . I test it when i choose an Cloud Typ its not the same as in Skyforce . 

My test was that i rename my default Texture Folder in P3D . I create an new texture Folder , choose the Cloud Resolution in Skyforce and choose the Clouds and Skyforce copys his Cloud bmps in the choosed resolution in the Texture Folder . OK it works .  But when i choose in EF the Cloud type in EF and inject it , the no ne Clouds was installed in the texture Folder from P3D ?!? So what function hast this Window in EF ? 

4. Complete Restore to default before Skyforce ?
What is the correct way to make an complete restore to default Shader Settings from sim as before the Installation of EF ? I change some Settings in EF but when i choose the restore Button in EF nothing changed .  After an complete uninstall of EF , the changes made from EF still persist. 

Hope someone can give answers on my questions . 

Thanks in advance

Michael 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Michael,

On 5/15/2019 at 7:04 AM, winstonwolf said:

1. Which impact has an active Tomato Profile in combination with REX Environment ? 
Some Settings from Tomato and also from EF have the same impact to P3D . For me it is a little bit strange that i can use Tomato together with EF. Especially  for what i still need Tomato when i use also REX EF ? What can EF not handle, what Tomato can ? Which influence has an Tomato Profile to the EF Settings ?

16

Yes, you can use any other shader product in combination with EF. EF works on a real-time 'layer' thus no conflict within the shader itself.

On 5/15/2019 at 7:04 AM, winstonwolf said:

2. Automatic Mode but still able to change Settings in Sim over Mini UI Window ? 
The easiest way to use EF is the Automatic Mode , ok . But why is it the possible to change many Settings in Sim over the Mini UI Window ? 

6

Why not be able to allow our users more control?

On 5/15/2019 at 7:04 AM, winstonwolf said:

But what funktion has the Screen in EF where i can choose the differnet Cloud Types also . I test it when i choose an Cloud Typ its not the same as in Skyforce . 

 

EF will take precedence in this circumstance. 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:04 AM, winstonwolf said:

But when i choose in EF the Cloud type in EF and inject it , the no ne Clouds was installed in the texture Folder from P3D ?!? 

 

Because the texture file(s) are not installed and read from that location, it's performed directly within the D3D call.

On 5/15/2019 at 7:04 AM, winstonwolf said:

4. Complete Restore to default before Skyforce ?
What is the correct way to make an complete restore to default Shader Settings from sim as before the Installation of EF ? I change some Settings in EF but when i choose the restore Button in EF nothing changed . After an complete uninstall of EF , the changes made from EF still persist. 

 

EF doesn't change your actual shader files. Remember this is not like PTA or other shader tools. You would simply uninstall EF, remove the REXModules folder from your main P3D folder (if it is still present), then delete your shader cache located at C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders (as a safe measure and only if they still exist, as EF already deletes this on close).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • See our many awards!

×
×
  • Create New...