ciccio74

CLOSED Very Low FPS after P3D 4.5 Hotfix

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,
I have just finished installing the new version of P3D (4.5.12.30293). Same configuration of clouds on SKY FORCE, same parameters on AS and on Environment Force ...
with EF and AS closed, with customized weather, P3D goes to 60 fps out of 60.
With EF and AS open, it goes to 20 FPS ...
With Sky Force and open AS, it goes to 60 FPS
I tried replacing the default Shaders instead of the Tomato ones, but it doesn't change anything ... I even fall to 15 FPS.
I continue to do some tests and I will let you know

EDIT:

I forgot to tell you that I am in AUTO MODE

Edited by ciccio74

Ok ... I'll update you ...
I restarted EF in Manual Mode, reloaded my favorite preset, switched to AUTO Mode, and the frames are now OK

even if with 1024 clouds it loses some frames ...
REX, I'm sorry if I'm worried about anything ... LOL

Hi Ciccio,

I'm just about to install the P3D hotfix too. 
Out of interest, dId you re-install EF or SF3D after installing the 4.5hotfix? Did you only do a 4.5hotfix client update or content/scenery too? 

Thanks,
Peter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paj said:

Hi Ciccio,

I'm just about to install the P3D hotfix too. 
Out of interest, dId you re-install EF or SF3D after installing the 4.5hotfix? Did you only do a 4.5hotfix client update or content/scenery too? 

Thanks,
Peter.

Hello Peter,
I installed the full version of P3D. I have not reinstalled neither EF nor SF ...
I had the problem of frames at the beginning. I solved it by reloading my favorite preset.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ciccio74 said:

Ok ... I'll update you ...
I restarted EF in Manual Mode, reloaded my favorite preset, switched to AUTO Mode, and the frames are now OK

even if with 1024 clouds it loses some frames ...
REX, I'm sorry if I'm worried about anything ... LOL

Thanks, let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Federico

• Like 1

The frames are ok now, but the Clouds seem to me a little uglier than usual ... but maybe it's just my impression. The clouds are those of SF3D at 512 (Apex)

PHzrTmw.jpg

Probably thats ok for the resolution. What system you have? If you have anything starting from or above a 1070 i think you can go higher anyway.

On the 1070 i used 2k (2048) and on the RTX 2080 im using 4k compressed for 3D and 2k for cirrus. Having fps around 30 to 60 in the cockpit of 747 or even higher in the Maddog. Overcast or clear sky near to no difference

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last one is a bit "lower" but thats because that the new KPDX inside ORBX PNW regional area and full overcast. I dont see clouds taking a lot of perf, at least on my system. Maybe 5 fps on overcast, compared to clear sky on named settings.

Those cloud models don't look correct. You might want to load those again from Sky Force.

I'm seeing the same wierd cloud types, have the most recent release of SF, have reapplied models and verified that texture directory updated, cleared shaders. I have not applied the 4.5 fix yet, If you figure out how to fix please post.

Thanks

Bruce

6 hours ago, timest999 said:

Those cloud models don't look correct. You might want to load those again from Sky Force.

I also, like Bruce, applied Sky Force textures several times (updated to the latest version), but the result does not change. I can't explain what happened. tonight, more calmly, I will look for a solution.

In your case I would do a reinstall of ActiveSky, SkyForce and EnvironmentForce. I had the same issues last week when downgrading client from v4.5 to v4.4 but after I did the reinstall of those 3 addons my performance and looks came back again. It doesn't take that long and its an easy way to fix possible issues within the P3D root folder.

12 hours ago, ciccio74 said:

I also, like Bruce, applied Sky Force textures several times (updated to the latest version), but the result does not change. I can't explain what happened. tonight, more calmly, I will look for a solution.

We have identified the issue with SF and will be issuing a hotfix once tested. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, timest999 said:

We have identified the issue with SF and will be issuing a hotfix once tested. 

this is my current situation ... I thank you for your work always so precise and punctual

hvVXM8t.jpg

aDL31v0.jpg

the clouds look awful

• Like 1

Yes and I fully agree :( and that is because those are the default cloud models. We will be issuing a hotfix for the latest update of SF soon.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks Tim. I have the same issue. I was enjoying the new SF/EV combination, nice job on the combo. Do we have an update on the EF update?

Edited by ironcondor

Just to add something.

I'm using ASP4. And after hotfix 4.5, my cloud models were back to default and had to reinstall them thru texture direct.

Now all's good.

4 minutes ago, jetbluefan said:

Just to add something.

I'm using ASP4. And after hotfix 4.5, my cloud models were back to default and had to reinstall them thru texture direct.

Now all's good.

There is no clouds model in texture direct, new clouds model are only available in Sky Force, all others rex product use default clouds model dated from FSX.

48 minutes ago, Alex Kane said:

There is no clouds model in texture direct, new clouds model are only available in Sky Force, all others REX product use default clouds model dated from FSX.

Even with Texture Direct with Soft Clouds?

22 minutes ago, jetbluefan said:

Even with Texture Direct with Soft Clouds?

Yes, Sky Force is the only product have new cloud model.

@Alex Kane

good morning. I would like to give you the latest news that I hope will be useful to developers.
last night I tried various combinations and checked SF3D what installed. well ... the clouds no, the sun no, the sky yes ...
I checked these components directly on P3D without referring to any Log file.
I thank you anyway for your prompt reply

Hello;

Just to join in: I have had frames reduced by about 6-10 (depending on the area) and I have very white clouds at night. I have REX SF3 and EF. Using ASP3D for weather engine. As I mentioned in another forum, I can deal with the clouds, but is there something that can be done for the FPS loss in Auto mode? If you need any specific questions, I can answer.

Hi Everyone , My FPS is starting good around (38-45FPS with mostly cloudy),    but when I changed the camera setting especially when I fly with spot view, FPS suddenly drop down and it never get better even I turn back to cockpit. this issue caused by P3D or any different things ??

https://ibb.co/52S4QWp

Brgrds

Erkas

If you haven't already, please make sure to install the latest build of Sky Force and reinject your models and textures.