Sign in to follow this  
tgiesige

CLOSED Experimenting to find frame loss

These photos taken running SkyForce, Environment Force and SkyForce as weather engine * Notice the Frame loss. I have been trying to find where the frame loss is and I must conclude it is with Environment force. All sim settings are the same for all photo groups. I do run my P3D V4.5 pretty high and always have and have not had any frame loss or stutters.

SkyForce settings: 3D clouds set 1024 DXT5
Cirro type settings: 1024 DXT5
Environment Force settings: Default Automatic and default manual with added theme Scott5

As you can see my P3D runs really well with SkyForce, Active Sky or as P3D alone. Throw Environment force into the picture and it drops to its knees. Environment Force is by far a beautiful addition, just got to get to bottom of why it is so frame heavy. Now all this said: I have been a member of the insider team since it started and was part of testing Betas until a user you said shared it, at which time you changed the way we had access to the Beta files. Well in a nut shell, you have locked me out of being part of testing. I work a full time job, married, own a house and property to take care and to make your time window to sign up and download files in the short amount "window of time" just wont get it for me. Not ranting, just stating maybe you would benefit from others help in testing instead of limiting it. Got better things to do than sit at a computer at REX's forums waiting, but I do stay logged in and try to check for updates as often as I can. Most people who know me personally, know I am very computer savvy and get the most out of FSX or P3D with any given system.

These photos taken running EF & SF with SF as weather engine

2019-5-11_8-24-22-135.jpg

These next photos taken with just SkyForce and it also as weather engine

2019-5-11_8-37-25-268.jpg

These next photos taken with sky force textures and weather engine ASP4

2019-5-11_8-46-19-389.jpg

These next photos No weather engine running at all, turned ASP4 off

2019-5-11_8-58-1-876.jpg

Now flying from KSTL St.Louis to Northwestern Iowa, in thunderstorms : SkyForce textures and ASP4 as weather engine

2019-5-11_10-22-36-92.jpg

Uninstalled Environment Force and reinstalled to original release 5.0.2019.0420 and No Hotfix and everything again is playing nice !!!

2019-5-11_18-46-43-567.jpg

Conclusion is the first Hotfix after release caused the major frame loss

• Thanks 1

Hi,

From what I see, SF clouds model are not installed (fact there is up side down texture, it's not normal) I would check as well your clouds resolution in your P3D folder.

I beg your pardon, I just updated SkyForce 3D and they are your cloud sets as theme was installed !

Here are some more photos taken today with different theme.

By the way, where is this P3D folder to check cloud resolution ? Fact is REX SkyForce3d is the only Texture program installed on this PC .

2019-5-12_9-1-2-230.jpg

On 5/12/2019 at 10:06 AM, tgiesige said:

I beg your pardon, I just updated SkyForce 3D and they are your cloud sets as theme was installed !

Here are some more photos taken today with different theme.

By the way, where is this P3D folder to check cloud resolution ? Fact is REX SkyForce3d is the only Texture program installed on this PC .

Hi @tgiesige

We have identified an issue with the 3D cloud models. We will be issuing a hotfix to Sky Force for this problem. Those textures are REX, but the cloud models are default. 

I hear ya loud and clear and understand, and waiting on updates to both EF and SF.

• Like 1

Did you download and install the latest update of Sky Force?

Sign in to follow this