Sign in to follow this  
jetbluefan

RESOLVED EF and AS, cloud popping anomaly

Background: ever since I installed EF, I noticed that cloud transitions are no longer smooth, and are just popping out of nowhere.

I understand that I must disable smoothing in EF if AS is installed to prevent both programs from doing the same thing. But could it be that EF somehow overrides AS anyway? Would it cause harm if I use this feature in EF anyway while using ASP4?

i have the same problem, clouds just change or pop in and out instantly.

I remember mentioning in a topic that this option does not necessarily mean that SAP4 users choose to turn it off. It just explains that if you turn it on, it will seem redundant. If I choose to turn it on or off, there will be problems with cloud flashes. Video clips have been sent to customer service, waiting for their reply.

I deleted  EF before fixing the sudden clouds.

This is the most embarrassing moment.

In second place - I do not understand work with shaders. I have my PTA configuration and do not want to distort it.

Need a big button "Do not change shaders" on the main EF  page !!)

I don't know if this helps much. But what I did is to reduce this effect and not notice it at all , I tried to match active sky time that the weather change 10min with Weather Automation Control set to 10min as well . I haven't notice any cloud problems. 

2 hours ago, mr340 said:

I don't know if this helps much. But what I did is to reduce this effect and not notice it at all , I tried to match active sky time that the weather change 10min with Weather Automation Control set to 10min as well . I haven't notice any cloud problems. 

I will give this a try! I notice also that the default within EF main UI is set at 5 mins.

4 hours ago, jetbluefan said:

I will give this a try! I notice also that the default within EF main UI is set at 5 mins.

It should work , I am as of right now on flight from EDDF to KSAN over Greenland right now and haven't notice any clouds popping . It smoothly appears from a far distance . I do have cloud drawing distance set to 120 in active sky also. This is by far the best long haul I am doing without any issues with brightness being to high or clouds popping. I am using automated mode , maybe the latest sky force 3d fix something . 

4 hours ago, harleywolf said:

mr340, Have you "smoothing" disabled in EF?

Yes I do 

My Cloud popping seemingly is no more after installing the AS 7067 update.

6 minutes ago, keino333 said:

My Cloud popping seemingly is no more after installing the AS 7067 update.

Are you in p3d V4.4 or V4.5?

I'm currently using a mixture of the two.  P3dv4.4 Client (due to fps issues with V4.5) and Scenery and Content of V4.5

6Xxl5e9.png

yYxj3fj.png

Nice , I am currently approaching TOD from EDDF to KSAN , expecting light rain on arrival 

2019-5-10_9-9-59-50.png

2019-5-10_9-12-12-160.png

With "smoothing" disabled I became cloud popping , no cloud morphing I can see. Only with smoothing ON is it better.

Sign in to follow this