Ollix79

CLOSED massiv Framedrop after Hotfix 1.0.0

Good Evening

after installation of your Technical Update 1.0.0 i had a massiv Framedrop on my Simulator, from former 30 - 50 FPS in the air I now had sometimes only 12 - 17 Fps. And i do nothing other on my Settings only Install your Technical Update. Without Clouds the Frames on Ground an in Flight are ok but when EF Simulate Clouds my Frames drop massiv. 

MY SYS I9 9900K, 32GB DDR4 @3000 and an RTX 2070.  Using all in 1024x1024 Resolution in Sim an will tested with HDR on and Off.

Same problem after the release of the day with the clouds I had a correct cadence but now that I have a cloudy sky I can go down to 5 6 FPS

Are you in automation mode or manual mode? Thanks, Federico

Auto an Manual has been testeed Both tue Same.

But most I use autonome.

Edited by Ollix79

I received the framdrop after installing hotfix 1.1.0. So I lose about 8 to 10 frames.
with hotfix 1.0 everything was fine except for the other problems.
Currently I have uninstalled EF and wait for improvement.

Same after the update 1.1.0 that I have a weather covered I go to 5 FPS ... even on a small airport very greedy in a very small city.

As soon as I cut ASP4 I take my 30FPS

Same problem for me - did a complete system re-install yesterday (clean & fresh windows 10). After nearly 20 hours of downloading and installing all of my addons (~600 GB of data downloaded :O) I went for a quick flight to check if everything is good...same settings, same addons, same hardware out of my home airport (LOWW FlyTampa) with the Maule (standard P3D plane).

Addons used: ASP3Dv4 (weather engine) + SkyForce3D + EnvironmentForce + Chaseplane - FlyTampa Vienna + ORBX (Global + Vector + LC Europe)

From 40-60 fps last week to 15-20 fps today. Without the weather addons active my fps jump back to 40-60 fps. So there is anything faulty since the update.

The only thing that changed is P3D - I updated to v4.5 (before the re-install of my system I used v4.4)

26 minutes ago, gspi1809 said:

The only thing that changed is P3D - I updated to v4.5

well, not saying its that but 4.5 has a known performance bug. There is an update in the works atm. So its a bit hard to tell where it comes from now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SaenchaySor said:

well, not saying its that but 4.5 has a known performance bug. There is an update in the works atm. So its a bit hard to tell where it comes from now.

Very true, especially since LM is coming out for a patch for 4.5 because of this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SaenchaySor said:

12 hours ago, timest999 said:

Very true, especially since LM is coming out for a patch for 4.5 because of this.

But i have the performance problems after install EF and the hotfix before I had no Frameproblems.

Have you checked your Cloud Texture Settings ?

You have to switch to manual mode, select settings (left side, at bottom of the lateral menu), then texture at the bottom of the window.

I find out that after one of the updates, they where set on the highest definition - may have a BIG impact on performances.

Just my 2 cents

Gérard

Just to keep it up-to-date, I did a downgrade back to client v4.4 (LM states that you can run client v4.4 with content & scenery v4.5) to figure out if the problem is v4.5 exclusive. Short answer - no it is not (I get the same results in v4.4).

Last week (before my system reset) I used exactly the same settings and addons and had no performance issues in P3D at all. I am used to run SkyForce/EnvironmentForce with 4K textures and the only situations where I had performance/frame drops where heavy overcast scenarios. But now after the SkyForce and EnvironmentForce updates I lost more than 50% of my frames. 

Today I tried the same scenarios without SF and EF instead I used ASCA + ENVTEX (still 4K cloud/texture resolution) and I gained back some of the frames. 
Are there any changes in the updates that could affect the performance that hard?

2 hours ago, gspi1809 said:

Just to keep it up-to-date, I did a downgrade back to client v4.4 (LM states that you can run client v4.4 with content & scenery v4.5) to figure out if the problem is v4.5 exclusive. Short answer - no it is not (I get the same results in v4.4).

Last week (before my system reset) I used exactly the same settings and addons and had no performance issues in P3D at all. I am used to run SkyForce/EnvironmentForce with 4K textures and the only situations where I had performance/frame drops where heavy overcast scenarios. But now after the SkyForce and EnvironmentForce updates I lost more than 50% of my frames. 

Today I tried the same scenarios without SF and EF instead I used ASCA + ENVTEX (still 4K cloud/texture resolution) and I gained back some of the frames. 
Are there any changes in the updates that could affect the performance that hard?

Can you monitor your CPU usage? I've been having this exact same issue and i've noticed that when I have bad FPS i always have very high CPU usage

6 hours ago, gaab said:

Have you checked your Cloud Texture Settings ?

You have to switch to manual mode, select settings (left side, at bottom of the lateral menu), then texture at the bottom of the window.

I find out that after one of the updates, they where set on the highest definition - may have a BIG impact on performances.

Just my 2 cents

Gérard

I wrote all is Set to 1024x1024 Bit without EF i an youse 4096x4096 an fslabs and has a very good Performance. So EF is the think that makes tue Performance Impact.

Short update from my side - did a complete re-install of SkyForce, EnvironmentForce and ActiveSky (still running P3D v4.4) and now my performance issues are gone. Seems like it messed up something during the previous installation process. I also did a complete graphic driver reset (I used DDU and installed a fresh & clean version of the latest nvidia drivers).